iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Luke and Laura

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Luke and Laura
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should have remembered bringing them up early, since last year was their silver anniversary (and I should know regardless since my grandmother's a General Hospital nut). But anyway, for those of you who watched their love unfold from the music store raping to the fugitive run from Commandant Lassard, to the absurd Dr. Evilesque take over the world plotline, to the most watched wedding in the history of TV and beyond, through all the Christopher Cross songs and the current dumb suspended animation bit, how do you remember daytime's first and biggest supercouple?
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You do know they just remarried on the show, right? (I only know this cuz my Mom told me. yes, she watched it: Had not watched the show in YEARS but tuned in for them!)
I was pretty young when this show was hot, but my Mom and sister watched it so I remember it. By the time Luke and Laura got married some of my friends watched the show so I got roped in too! I remember Elizabeth Taylor on the show hexing them! Hahaha.
I havent seen the show in YEARS : i watched when cuties like John Stamos and Rick Springfield were on.
By the way, CHRISTOPHER CROSS says that song is NOT about GENERAL HOSPITALS LAura, but rather about a girl he knew who died.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GoldTransAM
Master Rewinder
Member # 2973

13 Updates!

- posted      Profile for GoldTransAM         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember watching the whole Luke & Laura thing back in 1983. I was laid off from work (the economy was bad back then) for 4 whole months and watched it everyday. Once I finally went back to work, I stopped watching it. I liked the guest appearance they did on Roseanne back in the 90s.
Posts: 191 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 13  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home