iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » is this just me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is this just me
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or is this board shrinkeing i will admit not getting on hear as often as i ues to or wood like to for that matter but right now have lake of time with everything going on but i have noticed this over the last several months [Wink]
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

As a fan, yes it has been a bit slow, but we have had these slow periods before. The holidays slow things down a lot.

As a moderator, this makes my life easier. Fewer posts to check.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is extremely slow and in my memory it is the slowest that this board has ever been. It is a shame too!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a shame, but there is an upside to the current posting levels as well.

The active topics are very much related to the subjects we are focusing on on the site - 80s media and culture and 70's/90s movies.

The insults and sniping have all but disappeared as well. That's a VERY good thing.

Remember that these boards are only a side-bar to the main site, and generate traffic but no real added value to the majority of our visitors.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think it's ridiculous that people won't participate in the boards just because there are others who can not post here. but it's their choice...
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be fair, some have been evicted. It's only a majority that have elected not to post - and to be honest, if they don't like being here because not all their friends are allowed to play, then I guess we'll just have to get along without them as best we can.....
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry guys, I am still around but life is sooo busy at the moment. I'm still in Germany, had a great Christmas (Nintendo Wii rules!) looking forward to getting drunk tonight (New Years eve) then planning next year which is really gonna **** me up...I have to uproot my family to a new part of Germany 3 weeks before I sod off to Afghanistan for 3 months (the wife is not best pleased believ me). I also have several courses and assignments to complete before I go...aaarrrggghhh!!

Anyways, I do keep popping in from time to time and will make more of an effort to contribute. Catch y'all later and have a great New Year (I have to be at work for 7am the next day!)

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

Hey Noms - great to hear from you.

Happy New Year to you, and all the best for what sounds like a very challenging year ahead - I'm sure many here will be thinking of you when you're away from the wife and mini-Noms.

Take care, and come back soon1

Paul

Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First time I've been on here in a looooooong time........and yep, it sure is quiet [Frown]

Mind you, I have to say that none of the topics currently being discussed exactly set my pulse racing.....so I guess I'll just...err.....slip quietly out again! [Wink] [Big Grin]

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Smayt is still around.....
ya cant get rid of me that easily hehe.

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home