iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » 80's TV Shows that need to be on DVD!!!! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 80's TV Shows that need to be on DVD!!!!
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by journey:
Still waiting for The Wonder Years...12 years since DVD debuted and still no release in sight. I'd also like to get:

- Parker Lewis Can't Lose
- Alfred Hitch**** Presents ('80s version)
- Amazing Stories Season 2
- Tales from the Darkside Seasons 2-4

Journey,

The Wonder Years:

Take your pick:

http://www.mytvshowdvds.com/product_info.php?products_id=1341&gclid=CN_Y59yer5kCFQUWGgodzHkoJQ

http://imissmytvshow.com/id212.html

http://www.dokido.eu/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=54&products_id=520?g

Parker Lewis first season:
http://www.fast-rewind.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000712;p=1#000000

[Big Grin]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still waiting for 'Midnight Caller'.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Midnight caller now that is a blast from the past,good show though.
Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i use to love the nightstalker series that was a great show i thought!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows
Rewinder
Member # 7821

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Fall Guy and Forever Knight would be good (Though they might be out..haven't looked in awhile) and Wizards and Warriors...does anyone remember that? It was really cheesy, but I liked it.
Posts: 31 | From: Georgia | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robo Story. I enjoyed viewing that one.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows:
The Fall Guy and Forever Knight would be good (Though they might be out..haven't looked in awhile) and Wizards and Warriors...does anyone remember that? It was really cheesy, but I liked it.

Forever Knight is out on DVD..a friend of mine owns the set.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by logan5:
Still waiting for 'Midnight Caller'.

i used to like that show a lot. i swear, for years i thought marc singer was the star of the show haha. but it's actually gary cole. those 2 look so much alike.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i used to like that show a lot. i swear, for years i thought marc singer was the star of the show haha. but it's actually gary cole. those 2 look so much alike.
This is very true. Singer's body is much more buff, though.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is another one that I have thought of.

Rafferty's Rules.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
Okay, why is it that some of the crappiest stuff is readily available on DVD at Best Buy but so many great 80's tv shows are no where to be found? What are some shows that you want to see get a DVD release? My picks are as follows:

Silver Spoons
My Two Dads
Square Pegs
One Day At A Time
Dynasty Season 2 and forward
It's A Living
Mr. Belvedere

WOW, based on my thread here from 2006, I guess some prayers are actually answered...

Silver Spoons-Season 1 got a release but didn't sell well so I guess it's back to obscurity...we'll never get to revisit the episode where Whitney Houston gives the Rickster a kiss!

My Two Dads-Seasons 1 & 2 have been released.

Square Pegs got an AWESOME DVD release complete with great new interviews with the entire cast, except for Merritt Butrick, a/k/a Johnny Slash, who passed away in 1989 .

One Day At A Time-Season 1 but no word on future releases...

Dynasty-Good progress here, Seasons 1-4 have been released in all their fabulousness!

It's A Living-Nothing, not even a blip about it...I think this one's a goner .

Mr. Belvedere-Seasons 1-3 have been released! Yay!!!

Not too bad!! Now if we could just get Season 3 of Too Close For Comfort...

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not that I'm always shilling for this, but there is hope for some of these shows through "burn to order" websites. Warner Brothers started the movement with the Warner Archive (which has the complete second season of "Falcon Crest" for you, Ms. Mancini). I think that Columbia and Fox either have or are gearing up the same thing. In this tight economy, I suspect that this will eventually be the distribution norm for all back catalog titles.

And I will add to the number of folks who want to see "Midnight Caller" released on DVD. That show was truly excellent and memorable, so stylish and thoughtful with wonderful music, not your typical police show or even one-hour drama. The pilot is one of the best episodes of any TV series ever (some brilliant visuals set to the music of
Sade), and most of the other episodes are great too. Gary Cole just shines in the lead, but I suspect that because the show is so melancholy and downbeat ("too intelligent," perhaps?) that it has fallen through the cracks.

[ 09. December 2010, 17:30: Message edited by: Crash ]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Professor Poopsnagle's Steam Zeppelin.
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WKRP in Cincinnati. Last I knew it was only out on Season 1.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Secret Valley.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home