iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright I am starting to get cross now (those of you who know me would know that cross is a permanent state of affairs with me but I digress). Despite the fact I have worshipped 'St Elmo's Fire' and 'The Breakfast Club' since I was at school (no I will never divulge the actual year), I also must confess a love of 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' which had the Cyndi Lauper song of the same name as the theme. Sarah Jessica Parker played the lead, Helen Hunt was her best friend; Shannon Doherty was the boyfriend's sister and plenty of reputable actors supported them. So my question is......20 years later, when all of the other brilliant movies of the 80s have been released why has this movie not been released? It had the most brilliant soundtrack and, quite frankly, given SJP's & HH's positions now they could make a killing on both the soundtrack and the DVD. Also, surely it just makes us love them more..ala Patrick Dempsey, Rob Lowe, etc? Am I missing something in Australia or has it not ever been released on DVD? Seriously, this was my most favourite movie ever! Anyone else?
Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kat27:
Alright I am starting to get cross now (those of you who know me would know that cross is a permanent state of affairs with me but I digress). Despite the fact I have worshipped 'St Elmo's Fire' and 'The Breakfast Club' since I was at school (no I will never divulge the actual year), I also must confess a love of 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' which had the Cyndi Lauper song of the same name as the theme. Sarah Jessica Parker played the lead, Helen Hunt was her best friend; Shannon Doherty was the boyfriend's sister and plenty of reputable actors supported them. So my question is......20 years later, when all of the other brilliant movies of the 80s have been released why has this movie not been released? It had the most brilliant soundtrack and, quite frankly, given SJP's & HH's positions now they could make a killing on both the soundtrack and the DVD. Also, surely it just makes us love them more..ala Patrick Dempsey, Rob Lowe, etc? Am I missing something in Australia or has it not ever been released on DVD? Seriously, this was my most favourite movie ever! Anyone else?

It's been out in America for several years now. I would say that your best bet is to get a multi-region DVD player and buy it from an American DVD seller.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love it. It used to be my alltime favorite movie. I found it at Walmart several years ago. I agree with John's suggestion to you. I don't think I paid over $10 for the DVD.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kat I am so glad to hear your admission of love for GJWHF. I would follow the suggestions of the guys and maybe try walmart.com or columbiahouse.com and see if you can purchase it from here. I have no clue what shipping would be but it would be worth it if you were going to keep it forever.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kat, I have an extra copy of the DVD, so if you decide to go for the new DVD player let me know and I'll send it to you.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I just caught bits of this on Tv the other night. It is such a joy!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home