iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » 80's party! Need advice!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80's party! Need advice!
Sissy
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4803

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Sissy   Email Sissy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all! Happy Monday! Have a question for everyone... I have a 80's costume party to go to this Saturday and I need some fashion advice on what to wear. Even though I was a young child in the 80's, I don't really remember what people were wearing... All I remember is big hair with big bangs... and blue eyeshadow... Thanks everyone! [Smile]
Posts: 12 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mini Skirts, scrunchy boots, neon colors, pastel colors, long shirts with big belts, matching earrings/necklaces and bracelets, blazers, big hair, denim jackets, swatch watches, high top sneakers, jelly shoes, colored socks, pin stripped jeans, acid washed jeans, spandex, angora sweaters, argyle sweaters, preppy shirts- designer jeans-Jordache, Calvin Klein, Sassoon, and Gloria Vanderbuilt. Crop tops, red and black combos, pink and gray combos. Satin jackets.

[ 19. June 2006, 13:45: Message edited by: ISIS ]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sissy
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4803

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Sissy   Email Sissy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Alot to choose from! Thanks!
Posts: 12 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your welcome...my advice is to watch a ZZTOP video...those girls were dressed really cool, or watch the movie Breakin, because that had cool clothes too. You could always dress all in Pink and be Molly Ringwald from Pretty in Pink.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sissy, I was in Kohl's last week, and I bought two long t-shirts for like $10 each, one in white and another in pale heather grey. I figured I could wear them with jeans or capris. If you can find a t-shirt like that,(I have seen a lot of stores do have them) and pair it with a large belt, which you could probably pick up in a thrift store, and get a pair of leggings (they probably sell them in Rue 21 or 3,5,7 or one of those teen clothing stores) and a nice pair of flats. Then get out the hot rollers, and the Aqua Net hairspray, and you should be good to go. Oh, and don't forget some big earrings too!
Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did an 80s party once where we all had to dress up as rock stars. I was Boy George, my husband was Adam Ant, my best friend Karl was Angus Young from AC-Dc (schoolboy uniform, AC-DC cap and fake guitar), my sister was Madonna, (my daughter who was 6 at the time was Madonna too), and there were a few other ones. One guy showed up in jeans and a t-shirt looking like he always does and said "I'm John Cougar Mellencamp!".
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sissy
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4803

Rate Member
That's so great! I think I'm gonna do the leggings, a big belt with a "Flashdance"-type shirt, boots with lots and lots of accessories! Of course I'm gonna have the big hair, big bangs and crazy makeup! Its gonna be a blast! Thanks for all the ideas!
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably too late but if you want my 80s fashion experience watch 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun'. Helen Hunt teaches you how to make a school uniform forever cool......Aside from that it depends on what look you are going for - preppy, bon jovi, punk, new wave or Beverly Hills.
Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SHOGUN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or dress up as "kiss"

=)

Posts: 199 | From: LONDON | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderjoints [Cool]
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home