iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Were you a gel/mousse junkie in the 80's? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Were you a gel/mousse junkie in the 80's?
SwitchbladeNymphony
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5923

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SwitchbladeNymphony   Email SwitchbladeNymphony   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I'm 13 years old but I must adit I use quite alot of hair spray....
Posts: 14 | From: wilmington, nc | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess the 50's and 60's were the brylcreme era and the 80's was the gel/mousse era. It was much bigger news in the 80's. I remember the TV advertisements for Vidal Sasoon and such.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If i get rained on my hair will turn to glue.hehe
Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanstar
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4235

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Phanstar   Email Phanstar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah I too used to start with a baseball size wad of mouse, spike my hair back like a dirty used car salesman, then spray a healthy cloud of hairspray on top of that.

Man I hated it when someone touched my hair and made it fluffy instead of 'wet'.

Sometimes I wish I could still do my hair like that. But I would just feel way too retarded.

Posts: 97 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Jun 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you're saying hair gel challenges your personal growth, mentally, emotionally and physically!!
[Wink] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ziggy
Rewind Curious
Member # 6269

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Ziggy   Email Ziggy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mousse! Lots of it! If you used the right stuff, you could have the slick look, and then brush it out you had the blown look.

I was in a small band for awhile and used TONS of hairspray...

Posts: 8 | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mousse was great for a while, but the smell made me nauseous and maybe it contributed to the whole in the ozone.....
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home