iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Does anyone remember these posters?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone remember these posters?
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been trying to find out who the artist was that did these back in the 80's for the longest time and I finally came across some on Ebay. I used to have a different one in my room when I was around 10 or 11. I'd love to find that print but here's some examples. Did any of the girls on here have these or remember these? The artist's name is Mira Fujita. So cool! This post totally ties in with my other one about clowns and 80's movies. Don't ask! [Razz]

-
 -

[ 01. April 2006, 16:06: Message edited by: cindymancini ]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here we go with the frickin' clowns again. Evil! EEEEEEVILLLLLLL!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Grandma had a print of a Clown at her house, it is a really famous clown picture too, but I can't remember the name or artist right now. The Clown looks more like a Hobo type clown though.

There's something about the first picture that reminds me of a photo off Leo Sayer's CD where he is dressed like a clown.

Mime's use to be in lots of movies too, there was the one in Tootsie that Dustin Hoffman pushes over in the park, and there was the one in Breakin 2-Electric Boogaloo...at the beginning when Ozone took Kelly to "Miracles".

I remember seeing them in lots of movies. I personally can stand seeing a clown over a Mime...Mimes make me want to push them over too.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry mamamia...
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mimes In Movies from The '80s: Billy Crystal as a mime in THIS IS SPINAL TAP yelling at mime Dana Carvey "Come on, come on: Mime is money!"
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had notebooks and stationary with those prints on it!=)About 3 or 4th grade??? I think???
Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for annier   Author's Homepage   Email annier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its those pierrot clowns again....

My sister had loads of these pictures on the walls of her pierrot bedroom...

http://www.twienen.com/stat/Pierrot/Pierrot_small.jpg

http://www.levenmetcvs.be/img/pierrot.gif

Annier

Posts: 312 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
Wow, I'm glad to see some of you remember this and it isn't just some figment of my imagination. Great links annier [Smile] !! I really hope someday I can find the one I had. That would be awesome!
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clowns.... clowns.... they're haunting me... can't...get...away....or...type...at....my....normal....speed.....
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home