iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » My favorite computer game in the 80's

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My favorite computer game in the 80's
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, but I just had to share this with you.

I don't know how many of you are into baseball, but I am. I stumbled upon this site, and it quickly brought back some memories from the 80's.

Here it is: The computer game that kept me up most nights.

http://s64.emuunlim.com/gameinfos/microleaguebaseball/microleaguebaseball.htm

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for annier   Author's Homepage   Email annier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved pacman...I had a little hand held munchman aswell which i've still got. Hours of entertainment. They all went out of the window though when super mario brothers and tetris came onto the scene.

Annier

Posts: 312 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PACMAN was / is/ always will be the one and only one I loved.
SOMETIMES I play SUper Mario Bros....but very rarely.

By the way....... Does anyone know if they still make BURGER TIME? My husband is going nuts trying to find BURGER TIME.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnGeLEyeZ
Master Rewinder
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for AnGeLEyeZ   Email AnGeLEyeZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my faves were...
pitfall
frogger
super mario
pac man
spy vs spy
q-bert
donkey knog
i loved coleco/atari/nintendo;)~

Posts: 192 | From: NJ JerzShoreBaby! | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for annier   Author's Homepage   Email annier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can buy Burger Time on ebay
Posts: 312 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit The Sequel
Master Rewinder
Member # 4506

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit The Sequel   Email Canyoudigit The Sequel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on people it's all about Ikari Warriors surely?
Posts: 109 | From: Bopping my way back to Coney! | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I downloaded Spy Hunter to play on my cell phone but it is too hard to play.

Anyone into cell phone games? I play them at work all the time [Smile]
My favorites are SOCOM 2 and Battlestar Galactica. There is a level on each of them that I am stuck on though.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I had a ton of Commodore games. I loved California Games. It was awesome for it.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spy Hunter was it for me. I spent hours and hours on that game....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnGeLEyeZ
Master Rewinder
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for AnGeLEyeZ   Email AnGeLEyeZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my addiction since 2004 is second life
secondlife.com
try it and you'll see;)

Posts: 192 | From: NJ JerzShoreBaby! | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had and enjoyed a good number of Intellivision games, with Shark, Shark!, Night Stalker, and Lock and Chase being among my favorites of those not already mentioned. I could never quite get the Dungeons and Dragons game to work on the console, though.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were some excellent games on the humble Sinclair ZX Spectrum +2 (though many would take an age to load), loved NES classics like Super Mario Bros II, Wild Gunman, Totally Rad, Star Wars, Double Dragon and the arcade perfect conversion of 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles'.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jakey V
Master Rewinder
Member # 37348

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jakey V   Email Jakey V   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Computer? I spent the night at a friend's house and played a game called Law of the West. It was addicting. It was on an Apple II GS, I think. Loved it!
Posts: 204 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: A Long Time Ago! | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ I think I remember playing that on the C64.

"Elite"

"Elite is a space trading video game. It was written and developed by David Braben and Ian Bell and originally published by Acornsoft for the BBC Micro and Acorn Electron computers in September 1984. Elite's open-ended game model and revolutionary 3D graphics led to it being ported to virtually every contemporary home computer system and earned it a place as a classic and a genre maker in gaming history."

First on the BBC Micro, and then on the ZX Spectrum. A great early example of British developers influencing the creation of open-world/sand box style of games.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jakey V
Master Rewinder
Member # 37348

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jakey V   Email Jakey V   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always loved going over to someone's house who had a computer in the '80s. I thought the games were more fun than Atari. Some games I remember are:
-Law of the West
-Beyond Castle
Wolfenstein
-Summer Games
-Adventure
P.S. - We used to compete every day after school in Summer Games. One day I got mad and told my friend I'm never playing it again. He bet me I would. It's been over 30 years. Looks like I'm winning that bet.

[ 25. October 2020, 21:02: Message edited by: Jakey V ]

Posts: 204 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: A Long Time Ago! | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Philli
Rewind Curious
Member # 37673

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Philli   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my first introduction to the adventure genre with King's Quest I and Maniac Mansion! I still remember sitting with a dictionary opened on the table, figuring out words I didn't understand (English is not my native language) and religiously typing commands checking would they work. So MANY memories!
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 2021 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jakey V
Master Rewinder
Member # 37348

Member Rated:
I remember in the game "Adventure" we would type the f word and it would say "watch it!".
thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thenodfather   Email thenodfather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh so many. I had a Commodore 64.

Some favourites were/are:

Ghostbusters (first game I got)
The Last Ninja 1 & 2
Midnight Resistance
C.R.E.A.T.U.R.E.S.
Myth: History In The Making
Barbarian 1 & 2
Head Over Heels
Ghouls N Ghosts
Outrun
Bionic Commando ("Go!" Release)
Batman The Movie
Vendetta
Ivan "Iron" Stewart's Super Off Road Racer
Rodland
Platoon
IK+
Way Of The Exploding Fist
Infocom's Text Adventures
Auf Wiedersehen Monty
Treasure Island Dizzy
Dizzy Prince Of Yolkfolk
Magicland Dizzy
MicroProse Soccer

To name some......

Posts: 239 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home