iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » JUST THE TEN OF US

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: JUST THE TEN OF US
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone remember this one? It was a spin off from GROWING PAINS. I actually preferred it to GP. It was about Coach Lubbock and his large family. I wish they would put it on DVD but I doubt they ever will.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I REMEMBER THAT SHOW mamamiasweetpeaches!!!..and it was'nt to bad of a show [Big Grin] i remember a little of the theme song.. "I'm Doing It The Best i Can" I TOO rather watch JUST THE 10 OF US vs. GROWING PAINS [Big Grin]
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, yes, yes!! I was thinking of this when someone posted the Growing Pains thread. I absolutely loved this show. I always thought it was a shame it couldn't have lasted longer. I thought Coach Lubbock was just so lovable. I'd love to see it on DVD someday.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember this show, I had some good laughs from it. I liked Coach Lubbock too, he was like a more zanier guy than the guy in Kings and Queens some ten years later. Also, I have always like Janie Luner, and was shocked when she was the same girl later on Melrose place.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jamie Luner was also in the WB's Savannah.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeltaDeadDawn
Rewinder
Member # 4547

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DeltaDeadDawn   Email DeltaDeadDawn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi guys remember it also had Heather Langenkamp who plays Nancy in Nightmare on Elm St [Smile] I loved that show with all the kids and the young girl connie...
Posts: 37 | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luv80steenmvs
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4555

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Luv80steenmvs         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That show was cool! Gosh, what happened to it?! I totally forgot about that show.
Posts: 12 | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seemed to me that the final show on the TGIF block (the 9:30 show) in any given year was the one ABC had the least optimism in; few of them last more than a year. The fact this was one of them (more or less)says a lot. I wouldn't have minded if it lasted a few more seasons.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blonde Brooke Theiss from ths show was also in a NIGHTMARE FROM ELM STREET: Part 4.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeltaDeadDawn
Rewinder
Member # 4547

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DeltaDeadDawn   Email DeltaDeadDawn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey any of you remember the show rags to riches...just the ten of us made me think of that one it had tisha campbell when she was younger..
Posts: 37 | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Oh yeah,it was sort of ANNIE-ish. this rich guy adopteda bunch of orphans and they ran around singing all the time.
DeltaDeadDawn
Rewinder
Member # 4547

Rate Member
...and wasn't there a movie that went with it? what am i thinking of....and they sang that song "i will follow him" when they danced around...do you remember?!
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Hmmm...not quite sure. Maybe the debut of the show was a two hour movie as the pilot.

I do remember the "I will follow him" one though! The blonde daughter had a new boyfriend and everyone was warning her not to rush into things, then she sings "I will follow him", at the end of the episode it ends up that he, like ALL teen boys, is looking for sex, so she walks in and lies down fullyu clothed and sarcasticlly says "Okay. Take me" and then breaks up with him.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home