iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Growing Pains (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Growing Pains
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw that Season 1 comes out on DVD on Feb. 7th.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Australian 80s Child
Rewind Curious
Member # 4361

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Australian 80s Child         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good. wish we didnt have to get to the Chrissy seasons
Posts: 8 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I saw it too! Cool! I hope they realease more 80's sitcoms/series such as Silver Spoons.
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool! [Smile] Dare we now hope for seasons of "Perfect Strangers" on DVD???
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aDIORable19
Rewind Curious
Member # 4528

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for aDIORable19   Email aDIORable19   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i used to watch the show when they reaired eppys on abc family..wasnt leo dicaprio on the show at one time? lol
Posts: 2 | From: in alfs car | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the commercial for the DVDs today!! And, yes, Leonardo DiCaprio was on the show.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got mine a little early, I plan on watching an episode before I go to bed tonight.
Posts: 199 | From: Overland Park | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aDIORable19:
i used to watch the show when they reaired eppys on abc family..wasnt leo dicaprio on the show at one time? lol

Yup! He was in the show.
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw the Growing Pains reunion tonight on Larry King, they all still look pretty good. I always loved the show, looking forward to the release and the extras.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where is season 2? It's like it was ages they released season 1. Some series release like 2 a year.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
Where is season 2? It's like it was ages they released season 1. Some series release like 2 a year.

This seems to be a problem for a lot of shows, Riptide. Where's Season 2 of Who's the Boss? Malcolm in the Middle? Living Single? I think that a lot of times if the first season doesn't sell, the company's not too eager to release any other seasons. I'd like to have season 2, nonetheless...
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's exactly what happens. If the first one doesn't sell, they automatically assume the next seasons won't and choose not to release them..........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Growing Pains doesn't sell? It was one of the bigger shows in the latter half of the 80's. Leo Dicaprio came in near the end...I just don't get it.
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it probably did sell but not enough to garner releasing future seasons. I had a DVD distributor tell me that once when I asked about Who's The Boss Season 2. Shows like Miami Vice and Seinfeld sales were to the moon so that's why they were all released fairly close to each other.........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Wow, now I'm thinking it's a miracle Square Pegs got released, it doesn't bode well for stuff like It's your move, Wizards and warriors, or Tales of the Gold monkey getting released. Mr. Bootleger still has my business I'm afraid. A bit surprised with Who's the Boss, I thought that was a big show. What's the deal with Webster? Is that out?
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Has Riptide been released yet or have I been living in a cave for sometime now?
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Riptide has been out for a while (Not me, LOL). I'm pretty sure it's 2 or 3 seasons that are out right now.
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

I'll go back to my cave now then lol.........
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About two or three times this summer I caught GROWING PAINS by accident on TV...only to find it was a "Krissy Episode". God, those suck! I actuallyw atched one and it was The Absolute WORST GROWING PAINS ep I have ever seen: Krissy had an imaginery friend who was actually Kirk Cameron in a mouse costume!

Worst

Episode

EVER!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Yeah, those Krissy episodes were always kinda "krappy."
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldn't stand that little girl. Just her voice was so annoying. The show also went downhill with the addition of DiCaprio.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I think the episodes were good when Ben was young, Boner hadn't joined the army yet, and Mike was up always getting in trouble. Once the characters started to grow up and be responsible it seemed to go downhill. If I recall in the later episodes, didn't Mike have a kind of Cindy Crawford look-alike girlfriend?
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think they could get away with a character named "Boner" in this day and age? [Confused]

I know....I'm immature. [Razz]

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Heck, that should be no problem with the Seth Rogan movies going on now. I think in the show he went byt the name Boner Svabone, no joke.
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was Mike's "Cindy Crawford girlfirend" Chelsea Noble, who he (Kirk Cameron) later married????

I really love the Mike, Boner and Eddie eps and I liked Carol and her boyfriend Bobby. One of my favorite epsiodes was when Brad Pitt (he was actually on the show TWICE - playing different charactors!) was The New Boy at school and Carol dumped Bobby to go out with him and later regretted it. That was something that made the show GOOD to me, that they made the kids friends likable charactors so you liked them and cared what happened to them as well. But - yeah- once the kids got older they should have called it quits.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home