iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Facts of Life coming to DVD!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Facts of Life coming to DVD!!
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check this out:

We've added a news item for "Facts of Life, The" to the site. Here it is:

<b>Fansite Provides Fantastic <i>Facts</i> Info For DVDs!</b> - 12:55 PM 1/21/2006 Could it be? Could it be? A well-known "Facts of Life" fansite has posted a story today stating that this show is FINALLY coming to DVD soon. Read the story in the TVShowsOnDVD News!
URL: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4957

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's about time, and I wonder how far they go to. I wouldn't mind seeing the latter ones with a young George Clooney, what did he actually do in the show? Was he a janitor or something?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AWESOME! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis, you beat me to it. I got the email about this yesterday from Tv Shows on DVD and I just about screamed out loud. I love this show and I have been waiting for it for years. I know at some point in the early 90's I think, Columbia House had released some of the shows on VHS but they were pretty pricey anytime I'd see them on Ebay or Amazon. I just can't wait to see all of the first and second season episodes crystal clear!! YAY!! Thank you Sony for finally giving us The Facts of Life on DVD!!!

"When the boys you used to hate you date, I guess you best investigate the facts of life..."

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yippie i love facts of life [Smile] such a wonderful show
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cindy-I read that they wanted to package the first 2 seasons together, because the first season is so different from the rest, that they feared that if they released the first one alone they wouldn't get as many sales.

To me the very first season is the BEST. I wish it would have stayed with all the original girls, I really don't understand why they cut them all out, I always liked alot of the other girls alot better than Natalie.

I liked it as it moved on, but I always liked Blair the best in the first season, when she had really long hair...and wore designer jeans.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Isis, I read that too about putting out 1 and 2 together. I loved the first season. I thought the cast was great! It was more fun with all the girls. I always liked Nancy (Felicia something or other from Zapped). Additionally, I thought the set was better in the first season than then second. I hated that stupid, ugly, cold cafeteria that they were always in in season 2 and forward. I only liked the set again when they had the Over Our Heads store. That was amazing. We had stores like that in our malls in the late 80's. Kind of like a Spencer's but way cooler. They sold all kinds of stickers and the ceramic masks with the ribbons that you would hang on your wall....man I miss that!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I feel the same about that. I liked the first season's set...it was like they all hung out in the living room.

You know, I don't ever hardly ever remember them being in school in a class room....does anyone??

I liked when they were all getting ready for school in their bedroom's, or studying in their bedrooms. I liked to see how each one decorated their own little area.

I remember those stores, that's what we hung out in at the Mall's, and the Record Shops, and clothing stores back in the 80's, were so much cooler, they had clothes like you see in the beginning of Valley Girl, you'd go in and find shirt after shirt...I hate shopping today, I hate buying clothes.

cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
Here's the store...

-

-

-

-

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Those are fantastic pictures!! I love them!!

That was after the whole Edna's Edibles. But, isn't it cool that they became buisness partners, and they kept the show going for so long, after school was done. That is what is so unique about this show, is that alot of times as soon as the kids get to be a certain age, the whole show falls apart.

I love that store....look how cool everyone is dressed.

I have to say this again. I really believe that what people wear has a huge impact on their mood.

When people dressed in the 80's...they were dressing in really cool colors, and had really nice coordinated outfits on, they accessorized like crazy, they styled their hair all different ways. They had matching shoes and purses, and matched their bracelet with their earrings...there was just so much more to do with fashion then.

Today...to me ...there is NO fashion. Nothing!
The Golden Globes and all the women I see on TV...their clothing does nothing for me. Now, when I see the women in Dynasty dressed just to go shopping- that to me looks cooler than what people wear today to the Academy Awards.

I was watching Wonder Woman last night, and I was thinking about when the last time I actually wore a pair of panty hoses, cause women don't wear dresses any more, and in the 80's I wore a dress every day to work, or a skirt and a nice shirt. But, on Wonder Woman, Lynda Carter always had awesome dresses on, and she wore those high heels with the straps around the ankles...I loved those shoes. You never see women dressed like that today, but I still think it is extremely attractive looking.

It just seems like nobody cares.

cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
Great news! FOL was not supposed to be released on DVD until June but Sony just posted a message on TV Shows on DVD saying that the June date was incorrect and that the show will actually be released earlier!!! YES!!!
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh my, i am at a loss for words. i had given up on dvd releases...so this is the coolest.

yahooooo!!!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool!
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
Some other board said that it should see an April/May release. Hopefully we'll get some cover art soon! I hope they put all the girls from the first season on the front too!
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
isis said: "The Golden Globes and all the women I see on TV...their clothing does nothing for me. Now, when I see the women in Dynasty dressed just to go shopping- that to me looks cooler than what people wear today to the Academy Awards."

Maybe you could contact the Golden Globes and see if they will switch back to 80s fashion just for you. LOL I'm sure they would...

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home