iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » What was their job?? **New Game** (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What was their job?? **New Game**
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it would be cool to play a new game...

You list the character and movie/tv show, and the next person says what their job was, and then they list a new character and movie/tv show...and so on and so on. Cool???

Let's start with an easy one:

Andy from Pretty in Pink...what was her job???

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
record store clerk

Lenny from The Heavenly Kid....what was his job???

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fry Cook

Maverick from Top Gun....what was his job??

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fighter pilot

Terry Griffith(Joyce Heyser) in Just one of the Guys, what was her job?

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Student newspaper columnist (Is that close enough?)

---------

What was Sarah Tobias' (Jodie Foster) job in "The Accused"?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one is driving me crazy...cause I have seen this movie a bunch of times, and I can't picture anything...I keep thinking she worked in a store...I know her friend was the waitress at the club she was at the night everything happened. I can see her ironing her clothes and Kelly McGillis talking to her, but I wasn't sure if that was work clothes or not.

Someone answer this one fast...

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am totally stumped on this one?? Sorry....
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AAAH I can't remember this one either. I've only saw this movie once. I'm gonna guess and say cashier. LOL...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I hope John comes back soon and gives the answer cause it is driving me crazy. I can see the movie in my mind almost scene by scene...but I can't see her going off to work anywhere.

This movie was done really well, but I haven't watched it for so long, because of how horrible that one scene is...it totally makes me ill to think of someone doing that to someone, and I can't take the same kind of stuff as I use to when it comes to that real life kind of stuff, and seeing people being brutilized.
I can not imagine how horrifying something like that would be. I think that scene really is one of the worst scenes I have ever seen in a movie...any kind of rape scene is horrible.

Remember "The Guardian" with Martin Sheen and Louis Gossett Jr. that was a great movie, but I can't take the scene where the girl is raped in the laundry mat in front of her little boy, that is an awful scene.

But...not being able to remember her job is driving me crazy.

rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She was a waitress at a sports-oriented restaurant.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
Okay, thanks John! Now let's try:

Lou Fimple---Secret Admirer

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Army Lieutenant.

Ray's mom - Some Kind Of Wonderful

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
Actually he was a Police Detective Pauly!!

Who is Ray from some kind of wonderful?????

cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, doesn't Ray tell Watts that his Mom is a plummer and he admires her greatly?
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miyagi-Turbo
Master Rewinder
Member # 4340

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Miyagi-Turbo   Email Miyagi-Turbo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is one,

Daniel's mom Lucille (Randee Heller) from The Karate Kid.

Posts: 203 | Registered: A Long Time Ago! | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
She was an office worker of some sorts, I think she worked with computers.

Am I right???

What was Bud's job in Urban Cowboy???

eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He worked at an oil refinery with his uncle.

What was Blair's profession in Less Than Zero?

Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

She was a model. Is that right?

What was Roman's job in The Great Outdoors?

80'sfreak
Master Rewinder
Member # 3922

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sfreak   Email 80'sfreak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
he worked with money. but not sure of the official title. I have seen this movie 10,000 times and its one of my favs. All I know is he worked with money and was always bragging about how rich he is.
Posts: 111 | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I never have seen that movie.

I guess nobody remembers what he did.

This is super easy...but so what...

What did Jason's mom do for her job in Friday the 13th??

Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
Camp Director

What was Katya Yarno's job in "Lady Beware"????? Extra props to anyone who can get this one right!

Miyagi-Turbo
Master Rewinder
Member # 4340

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Miyagi-Turbo   Email Miyagi-Turbo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a quick clarification on Lucille from the Karate Kid.

ISIS wrote,

"She was an office worker of some sorts, I think she worked with computers".

"Am I right"???

We are told at the start that she got some job at an up and coming computer company. It looks like it was not that up and coming because later in the movie she is working in a restaurant and she explains, "I'm going to be trained as a manager".

Katya was a window dresser

How about Jenny Hayden's (Karen Allen's) husband Scott in Starman.

Posts: 203 | Registered: A Long Time Ago! | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
Wait now: What was Katya Yarn's Job in "Lady Beware"??
Miyagi-Turbo
Master Rewinder
Member # 4340

Member Rated:
Window organizer/arranger.

Any takers on Jenny Hayden's husband?

Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
I am baffled on the Starman thing! Surely someone knows this one, huh guys?
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home