iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Need help with music from The Hitchhiker series

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help with music from The Hitchhiker series
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi fellow Rewinders,

I was hoping someone could help me out with identifying the music in this audio file.
I've been looking to track down the artist and/or title for quite some time now. At first I thought it was New Order. But it's probably someone else. [Confused]

FYI It's taken from the episode 'Last Scene' of the HBO series The Hitchhiker. I think it's completely instrumental, though it might just as well be some sort of remix. The music fades out at 2.07 and starts again at 3.47

Thanks in advance...

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I happen to own the Hitchhiker, I'll check it out.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Devo,

I own volume 1 and 2 (‘Last Scene’ is on vol.1), but couldn’t find any info about that song. Maybe the region 1 version has some more information to give. There’s also a website about the series , but I had no luck there either. Neither on IMDb.
I tried practically anything, so you guys are my last hope.. Maybe someone recognizes it.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i loved the hitchhiker series. i'll have to check out buying this on dvd. some great late night hbo viewing there. i also tried looking to get "1st and ten" with a hot delta burke and a pre murderous OJ, but that dvd got some really bad reviews so i figured i'd wait. i would also like to see "dream on" again. i remember that being funny. also loved the series "sherman oaks" if anyone remembers that one. i can't find that on dvd though.

sorry i couldn't help you with the sound file. i can say i really don't think it's new order.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

It was probably arranged for the show, as putting a high budget group on a low budget show. Seems logical. No?

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really a good piece of music i must say.
The problem is, it could be anybody.

Some New Order here, some Depeche Mode there with a touch of Tangerine Dream and even Kraftwerk.
And then there was lots of other amazing synth wizards during the 80´s.

This sounds so good that i must buy those vol. 1 and vol. 2 boxes myself...

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ya Devo, that seems pretty logical and I am also afraid that is the case here. Especially since it's completely instrumental.

On the other hand it sounds so familiar...

Like aTomiK said, it has a bit of all those bands in it.

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How frustrating. I couldn't get that file to play no matter what I did. Download link didn't work either.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Sorry to hear that Logan. Unfortunately I can’t think of any other way to share this file. If it wasn’t for records1black post a while ago, I wouldn’t even know of Zshare.net either.

Maybe it will work when you use another computer?

Cheers

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't know TKO, i've tried looking around for some answers and i am sure i've come up with the same information that you already have.. which doesn't say much. [Frown] i'm sorry dear.

i love the music though! thanks for sharing the clip, i have never seen the hitchhiker series.

my guess is as good as devo's. it was probably arranged for the show. but would the credits at the end or beginning of the episode state who arranged the music??? shows normally do that.

i had the same issue with miami vice. i saw a few episodes recently on tv, and some of the music was intriguing - total 80s stuff.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to add...

the music totally sounds like something new order would do. the way the clip begins sounds similar to 'blue monday.'.. great song.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Thanks Nowheregirl, I knew I could count on you. [Smile] I'm glad you liked it as well. If you ever have the chance, you should really try to catch a couple of episodes of The Hitchhiker. It's really good.

Oh, I did check the credits at the beginning and end, but it only shows the composer of the main theme.

P.S. Not sure if you're still looking for a particular Miami Vice song, but this site has almost every song that was on the show listed. On the bottom of the page, you can find an alphabetical list. Maybe your song is in there somewhere.

TKO
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
It almost took me 4 years, but... I found it!

Stranger - Clan of Xymox

Case finally closed.

Hope everyone's doing well. [Smile]

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, mystery solved! It´s a good tune.
Nice to hear from you TKO.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home