iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » CT's 80s band Of The Week.........

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CT's 80s band Of The Week.........
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Even after 20 years,there '80s hit's are still Good. Tears For Fears had some Classic Songs...And i can see myself listening to those same song 20 years from now [Big Grin]

Quick Facts: Roland Orzabal & Curt Smith met as children in Bath,England...Orzabal & Smith Formed the ska revival band Gradute in the late '70s. Both came from broken homes [Frown]

These Are My Fav. Tears For Fears Songs:

"Sowing The Seed Of Love"

"Pale Shelter"

"Everybody Wont's To Rule The World"

"Change"

"Head Over Heels"

What songs do you like from Tears For Fears?

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess there are'nt too many Tears For Fears Fans on here?
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

My favorite:

Break it down again.

I don't know why. I just thought it reminded me of how good Tears for Fears was.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even though it's incredibly derivative, Sowing the seeds of love is easily my favorite, although once Shout gets in your head, it's a tough job getting it out again
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good choice CT. I like Shout.
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a pretty big TFF's fan, in fact I even have that Graduate album on vinyl. I'm more a fan of the first two albums. The Hurting is my favorite, I love most of the songs and the videos for Pale Shelter, Mad World and Change. Songs from the Big Chair was their peak in my opinion, I really like Everybody wants to rule the world. The later albums each have one or two really good singles, but too much filler. And when Curt Smith left the band, Roland Orzabal should have just gone solo instead of continue the TFF's name. Anyway, I haven't got the new comeback album yet, but am excited that Curt and Roland got back together after all these years. Shout might be the most catchiest song in radio history, even though I've heard it a million times.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
The thing i like about Tears For Fears is that...There music never gets old,even 20 years later there music is still good.
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great band! They're touring here again in April/May, and It's looking like I'll be going.

Oh, and CT - to add to your quick facts......the band that brought the two of them together (after one of them heard the other singing along to a track) was the godlike genius of.....BLUE OYSTER CULT! Oh YEEESSSS!!!! [Cool] [Cool]

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Tears for Fears,especially SHOUT.
An 80's band that i was recently listening to are
FIELDS OF THE NEPHILIM.
Absolutely brilliant,moody,dark,fast,intriging and homepride!!!!
NEPH' fans will get that last bit.

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home