iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Real Life - Send Me An Angel

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Real Life - Send Me An Angel
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can listen to this song 100 times a day and never get sick of it. What do you all think of it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6zBjYIyz-0

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the song too but in all seriousness I'd probably get sick of it after the 97th playing [Big Grin]
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love it......the music is so different.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome tune from Real Life who were considered an Australian new wave band possibly. OK, back to what I really know.....this song was placed most excellently in the movie "RAD".

Hey, I found RAD on youtube, can someone post it for me. Type in Send Me An Angel RAD to find it....the one that is 3:33 is the best sounding. Anyone else a fan of this flick?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
.....this song was placed most excellently in the movie "RAD".

This song was also in "The Wizard" if you remember.

I haven't seen Rad in years, but remember loving it. I was into bike stunts as a kid. Have to get a copy.

Why can't you post youtube links yourself? Just wondering. Here it is:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vz3_0ucR8M8

Here is The Wizard version...It is a cover however:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=omVCJHohjpc

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks....that RAD clip is wicked cool. I didn't remember it being in "The Wizard" until watching the clip.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this song, I think there were two versions, I remember when they re-released it in 1989. I've been looking for the album Heartland this song was on, on cd format for ages to no avail. I just have it on tape, and there were other good songs that didn't get on the best of. The best of is poor IMO, it had remixes and poor song selection.

Is it just me or when I first heard the Killers i was thinking this song was the kind of style they emulating. I think they could do a heck of a version.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for records1black   Author's Homepage   Email records1black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this song to. What a band. This song was also used on the film Teen Wolf (I think). I like that movie with MJ Fox.

I love Real life's song Hammer of love that is brillant to, I love synths they are fantastic instruments. I have the 1988 version tho when they re-relised it. I think the first relese was 1983. The version of 'send me an Angel' I have is on thier greatest hits album, which is worth getting hold of coz the songs are ace on it

Posts: 180 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I don't think it was used in Teen Wolf. I happen to own Rad, it's a great movie, I found a VHS of it years ago. That is my favorite part of the movie.

That is a movie with a totally underrated soundtrack.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for records1black   Author's Homepage   Email records1black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or was it Teen Wolf 2??? I am sure it was from one of those movies that I got into the band!
Posts: 180 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by records1black:
Or was it Teen Wolf 2??? I am sure it was from one of those movies that I got into the band!

That is correct. It was in "Teen Wolf Too."
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
Ahh thought so. [Smile] I got them mixed up thats all. I love that song tho!!! They are an intresting band.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home