iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » The Jets

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Jets
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
remember them? i believe they were all brothers & sisters...where were they from?

i love their music:

curiosity
private number
crush on you
cross my broken heart
make it real
you've got it all..

here's a video i just found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD6yu_bQayo&NR=1

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm guessing NY, there might be a Debarge link if I recall. Just saw the Rock it to U video recently.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NowhereGirl,

They are from Minneapolis, Minnesota. There are 8 of them, all brothers and sisters. I think they are of Samoan ethnicity. They had some really good songs out in the 80s...

My favorite is "You Got It All"...

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for records1black   Author's Homepage   Email records1black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are a brillant group. I have two of their best of albums and they really know how to write catchy pop songs. I really like Sendin all My love, that song is catchy and uplifting. I like I do U as well. If you Guys like the Jets then what about the artist Noel?? Freestyle music is brill.
Posts: 180 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree records1black - i love freestyle! are the jets considered freestyle though? doesn't matter... [Smile]

i only know one song by noel - silent morning..it's awesome

hey jdocster thanks for the info. [Smile] so they share a hometown with prince, huh? good to know!

i somehow missed rockit to u...i used to skate to that song all the time at the roller rink [Big Grin]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

NYC and more importantly the Bronx, the birthplace of freestyle.

Silent Morning is an awesome song.

Man, Rock it to u is a 5th grade nightmare.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

if you say so D, but it made my 5th grade year memorable [Smile]

why is the bronx known for freestyle? what's the backstory there?

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember when I went to Ocean City MD, right after graduating high school... we rode there on a bus-there was a group of us ...and they played "I've got a Crush on you"...over and over...(The guys did...on their boom box). It was that song, and "I wanna be a Cowboy". So, every time I hear those songs...that's what I think of. That was a great summer.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, after reading this, I really have to find out more about The Jets. Seems I’m missing out here. I'm only familiar with ‘Crush on You’ and ‘Cross My Broken Heart’.

I also absolutely love Freestyle music. It sounds perfect on those old skool ghetto blasters.

Noel’s Silent Morning is a great freestyle tune indeed.
And let’s not forget Shannon: Give Me Tonight, Let the Music Play, My heart’s Divided, Do You Wanna Get Away.. Those are all awesome songs.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for records1black   Author's Homepage   Email records1black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For all those who like Noels Silent Morning here you go [Karate Kid]

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=D8fZ6xUmPiQ

Posts: 180 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NowhereGirl:
i agree records1black - i love freestyle! are the jets considered freestyle though? doesn't matter... [Smile]

i only know one song by noel - silent morning..it's awesome

hey jdocster thanks for the info. [Smile] so they share a hometown with prince, huh? good to know!

i somehow missed rockit to u...i used to skate to that song all the time at the roller rink [Big Grin]

I bought this one a year ago. It has all of their hits.

You can also preview every track on this album:

http://www.amazon.com/20th-Century-Masters-Millennium-Collection/dp/B00005PJB2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1216259768&sr=1-1

One that I forgot about was "Cross my broken heart" I always like that one... [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
I have a copy of that Album it is really good!! I think Sendin all my love is the best song on there.

There is another group called Expose who are a little similar to The Jets.

Shannon is brillant, I agree with TKO and another group that springs to mind is Company B. Anyone else remember any of those groups?

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by records1black:
I have a copy of that Album it is really good!! I think Sendin all my love is the best song on there.

There is another group called Expose who are a little similar to The Jets.

Shannon is brillant, I agree with TKO and another group that springs to mind is Company B. Anyone else remember any of those groups?

Dude! Expose sounds totally different... Great group though...
 -

records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
Oh my god I can't get that album!!! I have Exposes greatest hits album!!! What about Company B. Does any one like them. I love that song Fasinated. I love Stevie B to.

Why oh why could I not have been in my teens in the 80's??? Why? But I suppose I would'nt have been able to have bought all the albums I have now. [Smile]

mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite freestyle people are TKA and STEVIE B

my husband looooooooooooooves CYNTHIA (Pretty sure he has a crush on her too)

I have the EXPOSES Greatest Hits cd too (as well as STEVIE B and TKA's greatest Hits compilations).

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

stevie b is my favorite freestyle artist..

i wanna be the one
spring love
dreaming of love
love & emotion
no more tears
girl i am searching for you
in my eyes
party your body

..and so many more

records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
Hey I like Cynthia and what about Giggles? I love that song 'Girl I am searching for you' by Stevie B it is brill. He is a very good artist. I think he worked with someone through the 90's. I can't remember but he wrote alot of songs for them?? it will come to me in time.

I will get TKA stuff although I have some of thier songs on some Freestyle complimations I have, like Freestyle vol 1 2 and 3.

[Smile]

What about Sierra? She was ace to?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home