iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Night Ranger

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Night Ranger
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am still kicking myself for not going to see them last year in concert when I had the chance.

I love all their songs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIdf1RJASYU

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nahUZAoZw-Q

AND

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWoSo6Cj8-M&feature=related

The song Goodbye use to make me cry.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Night Ranger sure is one of the greatest!
Again my brother has all the NR albums
and couple of dvd´s.
I just love this band!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Night Ranger is the BOMB...

Everytime I hear Sister Christian, I think of the scene in Boogie Nights.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There first album is one of the best albums of the 80s from start to finish. It was a little harder than their other ones. The second one was pretty good too but then they suffered power balladitis and had Sister Christian on there. Don't get me wrong I like Sister Chrisitian a lot but every song from then on was them trying to get another radio hit instead of them doing what the do best. Unfortunately most metal and rock groups suffred the same fate in the 80's. The record companies felt that every band that had an edge had to have a power ballad and then every album after that they had to have another power ballad. I feel if it wasn't for the power ballad the metal scene wouldn't have died off as fast as it did.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for records1black   Author's Homepage   Email records1black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone like White snake?
Posts: 180 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Whitesnake before he recruited his supergroup. Their 'Slide It In' album was very good.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love Whitesnake.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whitesnake is good, White Lyon is not... [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
I must admit that I love White Lion as well. Vito Bratta, the guitarist, is very good.

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
I must admit that I love White Lion as well. Vito Bratta, the guitarist, is very good.

So YOU'RE the one who bought their album! ;D
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Guilty as charged.  -

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
Just kidding... [Wink] I really only know one song of theirs called "wait" I think? It's not bad...

I get teased because I like the band Europe. I think they are great! [Smile]

StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80'sRocked wrote:
quote:
...Everytime I hear Sister Christian, I think of the scene in Boogie Nights.
Makes you want to light and throw firecrackers inside your house, don't it? [Big Grin]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Europe rocks!
I have all their albums and
the video collection dvd.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster04:
Just kidding... [Wink] I really only know one song of theirs called "wait" I think? It's not bad...

I get teased because I like the band Europe. I think they are great! [Smile]

"Wait" is one of my favorites from them. I learned that one on guitar as well as "When The Children Cry:"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EB3NsCQoBgY&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vIXSK6LLO8Y

Europe kicks *ss as well. Have a bunch of their stuff. "Prisoners In Paradise" rocks:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SXatVNtQlgM

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
80'sRocked, I forgot all about "When the children cry". That was a good tune...

You and aTomiK like Europe too huh? I think their lead singer has a really good voice and some of the guitar leads are pretty good. They're are not what I would call "heavy", but they are addictive. I think they are very good musicians. Very polished...

Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And if you've ever wondered for sure, no, Sister Christian is not about a drug dealing nun. The lead singer initially wrote it as "Sister Christy" for his sister's high school graduation, but the rest of the band thought that was too vague a title to go on and had it changed.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
I never knew that. See, you do learn something new everyday.
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay I will admit to liking ALL these guys: NIGHT RANGER, WHITESNAKE, WHITE LION , EUROPE....all of 'em!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
No shame in that Mamamia. ALL hair metal and arena rock kicks a**! Don't let anyone tell you different.  -

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home