iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Olivia Newton John

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Olivia Newton John
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's one of my favorite people of the 80's.

I love her outfit in this video ...can you picture people walking around now in white cowboy boots and white short shorts??

But, did she not look cute.

I love her hair....I would love to see that style come back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sXLkKflnis

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
her greatest hits vol. 2 album was my first record i ever owned. i love her to pieces.
i got to see her in concert a long time ago and she sang all her best songs!

isis, remember that concert i told you about a long time ago? it's availble on dvd now..i purchased one from amazon. you'd love it.

great concert!!!

olivia

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool...thanks Ronnie.

What is a DTS?

I loved that concert. I remember watching it all the time on HBO.

I just saw on You Tube that Olivia is now 60 years old....my mom turned 60 today....I never realized that Olivia was the same age as my mom.

She just walked the Great Wall of China to raise money to start a new Cancer Wellness Center.

Has anyone else seen that show that Chloe Lattanzi (Olivia's daughter) is on....can you guys believe what Matt Lattanzi looks like now???

He was the gorgeous guy in My Tutor. I'd never recognize him...now he lives out in a tent somewhere.

Chloe looks nothing like Olivia, and she doesn't sound anything like her either.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Olivia Newton-John rules the world. That's a fact! She has one of the best voices in the business, and it seems to suit every type of music!

DTS is a sound system:

Wiki DTS

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like the song and video "soul Kiss"
by Olivia.

It says "This video is not available in your country" when i´m trying to watch that on Youtube.
Well, I´m glad that i have it on dvd...

Can anybody say if this is a good collection:

http://www.megastorefinland.fi/template/next,Product.vm?itemid=1217123&source=2000

Seems like a fine purchase to me...

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aTomiK,

Have you ever tried browsing the internet via an "anonymous" web site? What I mean is, if you google for anonymous web sites, you will find hundreds of them. Some are free. Go to a couple of these sites and browse the internet using their browser search and see if you can view the youtube videos. These anonymous browser sites will sometimes get around the country restrictions. Make sure to try sites from the USA because youtube is based in the US.

Hope this helps...

- Jdoc

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Well, that concert said it is on DTS, and I didn't know if you play that on a DVD player? I wasn't sure how you view it...that's what confused me.

I watched a clip of Chloe singing that song "Toxic" by Britney...it was awful, the song was already awful done by Britney. Chloe is really bizarre looking....I know she's anorexic, so I feel really bad for her....but her face looks like a 45 year old who has had really bad plastic surgery already and she's really young.

If you look at her performance.....and then you look at Olivia singing a song like "Have You Ever Been Mellow"....that is what the difference is. Olivia could look super sexy without being sleazey...and she had class about herself.

Now you see young girls parading around like a stripper...there was a guy tied to a chair with a gag in his mouth...what is that all about?

And...these girls like Miley Cyrus who haven't even hit puberty yet...and have no body at all...they are out on stage...screaming...not singing. and they are rubbing their bodies all over the place, and nobody says nothing...like this girl is only 15 years old. The way girls display themselves on My Space....is exactly like Chloe's myspace....I look at the "kind" of pictures that they stick on there of themselves, and they look hideous.

They could look really cute, but they don't.

This right here is the biggest example...of 1 generation apart...and look at what a mess everything is.

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, thanks Jdoc!
I will try that trick sometime.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home