iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Solid Gold

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Solid Gold
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish they would release all the episodes of Solid Gold. I was looking at these clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pORpvb2FQMg

It makes me sad at how much music there was...because I had forgotten the songs "Whirly Girl", "Take it Away" and "The Other Guy".

There was so much variety.

Can anyone name the top 10 songs that are out right now?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Coldplay - Viva La Vida
2. Katy Perry - I Kissed a Girl
3. Lil Wayne Featuring Static Major - Lollipop
4. Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love
5. Rihanna - Take a Bow
6. Natasha Bedingfield - Pocketful of Sunshine
7. Jordin Sparks Duet With Chris Brown - No Air
8. Chris Brown - Forever
9. Usher Featuring Young Jeezy - Love In This Club
10. Metro Station - Shake It

Believe me, the only reason I know this is because I looked it up. The only song on this list I ever heard was by Coldplay (and I think I'll keep it that way.)

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow...I know 3 of those songs...and they have been around for months and months....I have never heard of the top 2.

when I watched Solid Gold...the song list changed every week....some songs may have been around for a few weeks, but it was always different.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only recognize four of those songs (and thats because my kid is in fourth grade and they like RIHANNA and CHRIS BROWN). The only one on there thats half-way decent is the NATASHA BEDDINGFIELD song.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I'm not really feeling any of these. I liked the Leona Lewis song like 6 months ago. I hate Jordin Sparks. Seriously, there is NOTHING interesting about her, her style or her music...BORING! Natasha's voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me...nope!

I do like Rihanna but she is played to DEATH!!!

I'll talk to ya'll later, I'm going to listen to English Beat and be happy!

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Cindy are you interested in some Rick Springfield? I just got my hands on some?

Affair of the Heart was on this countdown, I love that song.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Isis, I have been watching all the rest of the Solid Gold Video's. They are so cool.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I know....I loved Solid Gold.....their outfits were so cool...how can anyone not think that red sequined boots that match your outfit aren't the coolest....and they had EVERYONE on there as a guest. Can you even imagine today trying to do that. I don't think we have singers any more....and forget it on songwriters....

I was listening to the radio yesterday in my car....and that song out by John Mayer...where he says "Say What You Need to Say"....I like the music...but he says that line over and over and over...and by then it's like ...say it already....

I just think the lyrics of today's stuff are horrendous.

I could relate to everyone from the 70's and 80's.

That No Air song....they sing that one line...over and over and over....

There's no story involved in today's music.....

I like songs that tell a story...like Dan Folgeberg...and Stevie Nicks and Carly Simon and James Taylor and Carole King and all those people that wrote amazing stuff...where did they all go?? They are still around....or at least most of them are....why can't people write like that any more?

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alicia Keyes sure can sing. Not my style of music but she's got a great voice.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they would officially release Solid Gold on DVD i would buy it in a hearbeat. I used to watch all the time. I recently picked up some a video compilation of the show Fridays with some cool musical guests like Clash, Devo and Stray Cats.

With the huge network of music out there, I really don't pay attention to the top 10 charts anymore. In fact IMO there is so much good music that has come out that is under the radar that I would rather make my own top 10 chart. Check this song out, I put this on a friend's 80's compilation and he didn't even know it was current. A swedish group too.

http://pop.youtube.com/watch?v=zUGyFYUlquo

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home