iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Heart, Cheaptrick and Journey in Concert

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Heart, Cheaptrick and Journey in Concert
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are coming close to where I live...for a concert...in August. I am hoping we can go to it.

How cool of a combo is that?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have fun at the concert.

I like two out of the three bands that you mentioned. The other one makes me gag (except for just one of their songs). [Eek!]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That will be a great show. I saw Heart in concert way back in 1990. The opening band was Giant. That was awesome.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How many of the classic Journey lineup will be playing this one?
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Cheap Trick in a small venue (100 person capacity) about 10 years ago. They put on a great show........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steven-are you going to keep it a secret on which one makes you gag?

I am not crazy about Cheap Trick.

I love Journey and Heart. If they played those 2 first....and Cheap Trick was at the end, and they stunk...then I could go home...but something tells me that they will put Cheap Trick on first.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey 80´sRocked! U saw Giant live back in the day?
How lucky you are. What a great band! Got all the albums.

New Journey lineup:

http://www.journeymusic.com/band.html

Don´t forget that there´s new album coming out soon from JRNY!

Man, it´s great to see that REAL music is still alive. Keep rockin´ you guys!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Journey with the new lead singer (Arnel Pineda)sounds great! They just did an interview on TV the other night. 20/20 I think. Heart is great. Cheap Trick... So so for me...

I wonder if they're coming to Kansas City? hmmmm...

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya, that was a real treat seeing Giant. I still love them today. I listen to "STAY" almost every day. All their songs are great.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I saw Journey about 7 years ago, I didn't know the singer's name...if it's the same guy...they did sound great.

I wish Steve Perry would go back to touring...he is one of my all time favorite singers.

joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
journy just got a new lead singer last year i have never seen hart or journey befor but i did see cheap trick open for motley crue in 97 thay rocked
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steve Perry is one of the Gods!

I really don´t believe that he´s gonna tour ever again,
but at least he has started writing again!

7 years ago, the JRNY singer was Steve Augeri.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw a JOURNEY about a year or two ago and they were good...yeah, different lead singer which was sort of disappointing.

I saw CHEAP TRICK play for FREE at RYE PLAYLAND a few years ago and they were good. My sister is older than me and was a HUGE CHEAP TRICK fan ...she knew every song and had a blast. I guess I'm more familiar with their more well-known stuff (I Want You To Want me, The Dream Police, The Flame, Surrender) but theyw ere good.

Now HEART I have never seen....and I love them.

My sister was trying to talk me into this show. Maybe.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
RYE - PLAYLAND. Man, that brings back some good teen memories.
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, up until a few years ago they had bands play there! I saw CHEAP TRICK, my oldest sister saw JOAN JETT, I believe RICK SPRINGFIELD played there.....good stuff. For some reason they didn't have anybody last year. I should go on their website and see if they still do shows over there (I don't think they do).

My husband has Army reserve this weekend whioch is a pity cuz he just found out BLONDIE is playing at GREAT ADVENTURE this weekend!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
My sister is older than me and was a HUGE CHEAP TRICK fan ....

Not in the 'taking up two seats' way, I hope?

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From "The Smoking Gun" website, here's what Journey and Heart want backstage...

Heart's 2002 concert rider:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/backstagetour/heart/heart1.html

Journey's 2001 concert rider:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/backstagetour/journey/journey1.html

Other bands/singers/comedians can be found here:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/backstagetour/index.html

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you never saw zz top i wood segest going seeing them thay put on a awsum show the time i saw them i had 4th row seats by the stage i realy dont have a favoret zz top song i like everything thay puit out
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GoldTransAM
Master Rewinder
Member # 2973

13 Updates!

- posted      Profile for GoldTransAM         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this actual classic lineup with Ted Nugent back in 1977.
Posts: 191 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 13  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home