iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Hello, newbie needs some help with music

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hello, newbie needs some help with music
DetectiveHJohnson
Rewind Curious
Member # 7009

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DetectiveHJohnson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just like the title says, need some help. Me and a buddy are putting together a classic cheesy 80's cop flick, and we need a list composed of all the best 80's cop music. If anyone could help us out, it would be greatly appreciated.
Posts: 4 | From: Cleveland OH | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Heat is On
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DetectiveHJohnson
Rewind Curious
Member # 7009

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DetectiveHJohnson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a great one, thanks. Keep them coming.
Posts: 4 | From: Cleveland OH | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about "Axel F" by Harold Faltermeyer. It's the theme song from Beverly Hills Cop.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DetectiveHJohnson
Rewind Curious
Member # 7009

Rate Member
That's a good one too, thanks.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get the whole Miami Vice (the TV series) soundtrack.

I love when they played "In the Air Tonight"-Phil Collins.

I loved an episode they did where they used the song "Girls with Guns"- Tommy Shaw.

The Miami Vice theme music is awesome.

Smuggler's Blues was a song they played on there alot.

You could use the song:

"I want a new Drug"- Huey Lewis and the News.

Good Luck with it.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jingle Bell Rock

IDI Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm Into Something Good

From The Naked Gun

IDI Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DetectiveHJohnson
Rewind Curious
Member # 7009

Rate Member
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, much appreciated. We got the soundtrack all planned out. Since this is a non-profit movie luckily we can use all the songs without any problems. If anyone is curious, this is our soundtrack.

Billy Joel - My Life
Men At Work - Who can it be now
Europe - The Final Countdown
Simple Minds - Don't you forget about me
Boney M - Meanest Cat
Glen Frey - The Heat Is On
Aha - Take On Me
Kool & the Gang - Fresh
Peter Schilling - Major Tom
Anita Baker - You bring me joy
Flock Of Seaguls - I ran
Blondie - Heart Of Glass
Alphaville - Forever Young
Baltimora - Tarzan Boy
Berlin - Take my breath away
Abba - Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie
Modern Talking - Brother Louie
AC/DC - Let me put my love into you
Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F
Don Johnson - Heartbeat
Dan Hill - It's a long road
Michael McDonald - Sweet Freedom
Survivor - Eye of the tiger
Tommy Shaw - Girls With Guns
Huey Lewis and The News - I Want A New Drug
Herman's Hermits - I'm into Something Good

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lot´s of good tunes there!

Tommy Shaw´s Girls with Guns is probably the best one for me right now!
It was also used in the Miami Vice series.
Season one, Episode 009 "Glades".

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a great soundtrack.

I always loved the song "Angel of the City" it's from the aoundtrack to the movie "Cobra".

Good Luck with your movie.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clash-Police on my back
Judas Priest-breaking the Law
bananarama-love in the first degree

Don Johnson's Heartbeat is still a terrible song.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee, all these songs about the police...and there's no song yet listed by The Police (band)!

Won't Sting be very disappointed! [Big Grin]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home