iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » I saw Van Halen in Concert

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I saw Van Halen in Concert
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Van Halen in concert last Sunday in Hershey, PA.

It was the most awesome concert I have ever been to.

It was so great to see them performing again with David Lee Roth. It was amazing that Dave can still do kicks in the air...(I heard he had hip replacement surgery-so that makes it even more amazing)

Here's an awesome clip from on You Tube of the concert I was at...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0HcCZ67Tgc

Eddie's son, Wolfie, played awesomely!

My favorite Van Halen songs are:

I'll Wait, Jamie's Got a Gun, and Running with the Devil...

but now since seeing the concert I am really liking : Everybody Wants Some, and Somebody Get Me a Doctor.

One of the cool things they did at the beginning of the concert-before they came on stage...was they had 2 remote controlled blimps going around....they had cameras in them and were filming the audience. They said "Van Halen" on the side of the blimps.

Before the concert started, we were outside walking around....and their tour bus came through and we were standing on a bridge .. where the bus passed under us, and we all started waving...and the bus driver beeped the horn, and waved at us...and we could see his shirt said "official bus driver for Van Halen"

If anyone has a chance to see them in concert...it is so worth it.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like fun. Van Halen wouldn't be Van Halen without DLR. I'm actually surprised that the tour has lasted as long as it has considering the volitale relationship between Eddie Van Halen and DLR.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
best concert i saw in a long timew i was 3rd row dead center on the arena floor ed through a guitar pick it landed right by my feet and i got it
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone else see thic clip on YOu Tube, where the kid runs on stage and hugs Eddie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VZt2FExMO8&feature=related

It's clear at the end of the song.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
chances are i have seen this clip befor reading this web site i belong to quite of few things on the internet regarding van halen this van halen tour was not my first time seeing van halen i have seen them befor this is just the time i have gotten a guitar pick from van halen witch i have always wanted witch will good with all my picks from kiss and skid row witch i have gotten at thair concerts
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
on this current van halen tour i have bin to the floweing showes cleveland,philadelphi night 1 ,philadelphia night 2,pittsburgh,cincinnati,coulmbus and hershey basicly all of the showes with in the eara that i live in
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Joker-that's cool...you and I were at the same concert. You could have been sitting next to me.

The Giant Center was huge, that was the first time I was ever there.

You spent a small fortune on Van Halen tickets...we were in the "cheap" seats and it cost $80 a ticket. We took my son's friend with us. The tickets up front were $150 a piece.

joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
actuly i only had the expensive seats for cleveland and pittsburgh and cheap seats for the reast other wys i could not aford to go and i realy could not aford the expensive seats for tyhe i had but is with david lee roth and just had to
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know Michael Anthony's gotta feel slighted when a kid takes your place in one of the biggest bands of all time. Saw them back in February and I dunno its just not the same without Michael. Anyone here know why he's not in the band anymore?
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Helps when the bassists daddy is Eddie Van Halen. I also think that Michael has always been pretty close to Sammy Hagar so there might be some dissention there somewhere.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
michael is the better bases over woofie but i think ed is still mad at mike for sidding with sam when van hale halen was not out on tour for 6 years
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Michael Anthony is touring right now with Sammy Hagar...(or at least that's what I have been told)-they are really good friends.

There was a huge article in the newspaper about them reuniting- and they were handing them out for free after the concert, and I read they said that their next tour would be with Sammy....

Wolfgang was awesome, for as young as he was...but I thought he looked really tired though...this was the first tour he has ever been on, and it has to be such hard work...I have never understood how they can keep that momentum up.

Eddie says he loves touring, and Alex loves it too, they all love being out on stage....Alex's drums solo was awesome.

They said this was one of the first concerts that Eddie has ever been sober for.

joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
wofgang was great but still is no michael anthy i still think ed is made at mike for touring with sammy hagar hear is evadence of that a few mounths back medat edge magizne asked michael anthony why he was not going out on tour with van halen he said becouse nobody asked him to and something else too doring van halens 2004 michael anthony almost was notenvolved in that sammy hagar insted on it or thair was no tour
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That must have been a great show. I recently saw Dream Theater and Opeth. Petrucci is unbelievable.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dream Theater puts on one of the best live shows I've personally ever witnessed. Portnoy is a drum god......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home