iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » TOM PETTY

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TOM PETTY
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just found out TOM PETTY is playing near me this summer. I am going to get tickets with my sisters. I have always wanted to see him play live and never have.

I remember a few years ago he was playing around my birthday and I thought for sure SOMEONE in my family would "surprise" me with tickets. Well, surprise surprise: No one did!

I could have sworn I heard he wasnt going to be touring anymore (?) and I assumed that last tour was his last one.

Anyone see him before? Anyone going to see him this time around?

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We make it a point to catch Tom everytime they do a tour and stop in NC. They put on a great show and by all means if you can go! He's also playing the SuperBowl halftime show this year....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Tom Petty but I've never seen him live. I'm looking forward to seeing him on the Super Bowl halftime show.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
...I could have sworn I heard he wasnt going to be touring anymore (?) and I assumed that last tour was his last one.

Anyone see him before? Anyone going to see him this time around?

I saw Petty once before...way back in 1983. Great show!

And I never believe it when I hear that a singer or a band says that it's going to the his/her/their "last" tour. Look at the KISS "Farewell" tour in 2000...and they came back to tour a few years later! And Cher's "Farewell Tour" went on several years!

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home