iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » New Kids on the Block (NKOTB) Reunitig?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Kids on the Block (NKOTB) Reunitig?
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I just screamed a little xD

I found the following in this page

KNOTB Reuniting

"After months of speculation and rumor, the Kids are coming back. A well-placed source tells PEOPLE exclusively that New Kids On The Block are indeed getting back together.

The band’s Web site, www.nkotb.com, which had been dormant, is now back up and running in anticipation of the official announcement, which the source says will be made in the next few weeks.

The site currently features a television graphic with a fuzzy, flickering photos of NKOTB in their heyday, and a link inviting fans to sign up for info.

The boy band, which made legions of tweens swoon in the early ’90s, selling more than 50 million albums, became a worldwide phenomenon before calling it quits in 1994.

Eighteen years later, they’re still “Hangin’ Tough.” The oldest “Kid,” Jonathan Knight, now a real estate developer, will turn 40 later this year. Since the band’s demise, former members Donnie Wahlberg, 38, and Joey McIntyre, 35, have seen acting success, while Danny Wood, 38, has worked as a music producer and Knight’s brother, Jordan, 37, has continued to record."

This news just made my night xD

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I guess the news is more official. PPL magazine also reposted the news of the reunion.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20174022,00.html

[ 26. January 2008, 23:03: Message edited by: Mane1980 ]

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
intothesea13
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6353

19 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for intothesea13   Author's Homepage   Email intothesea13   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't want to remember that New Kids ever existed let alone imagine a reunion.
Posts: 21 | From: Fascination Street | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 19  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by intothesea13:
I don't want to remember that New Kids ever existed let alone imagine a reunion.

Hey now, I used to hang with the Kids and Marky back in the day. I'm sure if they do reunite, it will first be for "business" reasons and then maybe because there is still a little slice of enthusiasm to perform again as a group.

Joe, Jordan and Jon were always very nice. Jordan is actually quite funny. Donnie was hit or miss. Somedays he was cool, other days he was a smart a$$. Danny once said something really sleazy to one of my girlfriends and ever since then, I had no use for him. Mark, however, well he is just gold! You couldn't ask for a nicer guy, truly! I think that is why he has gotten as far as he has. When you're genuine, good things come your way! Just my two cents. I had to represent...haha! NKOTB 4eva! [Razz] [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home