iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » 80's Videos on DVD?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80's Videos on DVD?
Phanstar
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4235

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Phanstar   Email Phanstar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone recommend a decent 80's video compilation on DVD? I have been feinding to see some of those classic videos, but I havent seen anything decent anywhere to buy.

Phanstar

Posts: 97 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Jun 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanstar
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4235

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Phanstar   Email Phanstar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i look on amazon and ebay and all I see are overpriced dvds with 4-6 videos on them. BLAH..

Better yet does anyone have an old VHS collection they could dub for me....

Posts: 97 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Jun 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Te-em
Rewinder
Member # 5958

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Te-em   Email Te-em   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VHS is better than DVD! [Big Grin] At least when it's movies from the 80's. I don't like when they change the quality of the movies.
Posts: 33 | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's always a set on ebay which sells for approximately $100. My wife bought me a set for my birthday about a year ago. It is a lot of money, but I think it was well worth it. It's a 6 DVD set with hundreds of videos. Quality and sound are pretty good.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also have approximately 18 VHS tapes with about 6 hours of videos on each tape. The Canadian version of MTV is Much Music. Back in the day, they played a show called much more retro...one hour of 80's videos erey day. I began taping them and ended up with hundreds of videos.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WolfmansGotNards
Ace Rewinder
Member # 5910

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for WolfmansGotNards   Email WolfmansGotNards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Canada has an entire channel called Much More Retro - mostly 80's videos I understand.

They show a 12 hour block of videos followed by one repeat. No VJ's, but some commercials every few videos. Of course theres a channel logo in the corner... [Roll Eyes]

Sounds better than VH1 Classic in the US!

Posts: 400 | From: The 80's! Where else?! | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Yeah you're right WolfmansGotNards. It's a great channel. They used to air the one hour show daily...obviously it was popular enough to create an entire station. I don't think I'll ever get sick of watching the videos or listening to the music...thank God my wife likes them too...not too many woman out there who would consider an 80's freak to be a good catch! I'll add that I mostly like the videos / music from 80' to 85'...with some exceptions in the later years of course. Glad to see some other fans are out there. Cheers!
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, don't forget... every Saturday and Sunday from like, 5 am till 10 am on VH1 Classic, they run We Are The 80's videos... You can record them... [Cool]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw a decent sized collection of 80s Videos on DVD at Best Buy the other day for like $35.........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It;s a shame with all the retro revivalism there isn't an official monsster box set of 80's music vids. I've found a few over the years on DVD, but it's almost better to just buy the comps of the individual artist themselves so you can see the rare videos such as the Bangles, Cyndi Lauper, Big Country etc.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home