iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Possible Police Reunion Show/Tour?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Possible Police Reunion Show/Tour?
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been to this festival twice in the past before and they've been known for bringing alot of bands back together who you'd think would never be on the same stage together again. These are just rumors, but the link is below.....

http://p073.ezboard.com/RumorsGossip/fgoldenvoicefrm12

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If that's true I am SO going to that. I rememebr them playing enar me when I was a kid and being too young to go see them. I have wanted to see them for YEARS.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colt 45
Master Rewinder
Member # 4940

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Colt 45   Email Colt 45   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are they the band that sang, 'I hear the secrets that you keep when your talking in your sleep' and 'What I like about you'?
Posts: 124 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
POLICE REUNION???!!!!!!

So gonna be there - at least on the UK leg. I'm camping out at very possible venue as soon as I'm back in England.

FYI - anyone in Manhattan at the weekend? Gonna be spending some quality tourist time there, as I'm over stateside for 2 weeks........

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE ROMANTICS sang Talking In Your Sleep.

THE POLICE did

Roxanne
Message In A Bottle
Dont Stand So Close To Me
Every Breath You Take
Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
Doo Doo Doo Daa Daa Daa Daa
Wrapped Around Your Finger
Synchronicity II
Spirits In The Material World

etc.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
THE ROMANTICS sang Talking In Your Sleep.

THE POLICE did

Roxanne
Message In A Bottle
Dont Stand So Close To Me
Every Breath You Take
Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
Doo Doo Doo Daa Daa Daa Daa
Wrapped Around Your Finger
Synchronicity II
Spirits In The Material World

etc.

Actual lyrics are:

Dee Doo Doo Doo Daa Daa Daa Daa

(simply for accuracy, of course - wouldn't want anyone to miss the depth of the meaning!)

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Ah yes, they just dont write deep meaningful lyrics like THAT anymore, now do they? Hahaha. (Im looking at the back of my THE POLICE: EVERY BREATH YOU TAKE: THE CLASSICS: the song I refer to is actually called "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da")

Some more gems they did:

Invisible Sun
Can't Stand Losing You
So Lonely
Walking On The Moon
King Of Pain
Synchronicity

(I cant believe I know how to spell "Synchronicity" but I don't know how to spell "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da"!)

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

quote:
(I cant believe I know how to spell "Synchronicity" but I don't know how to spell "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da"!)

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i will be thair to this one band i wish i would have seen in concert
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love to see it happen, because Sting's recent foray into medieval music is pretty embarassing. If they do it, they should do it now, because Andy Summers is getting up there in age, I just hope it's not some Eagles-Fleetwood Mac $350 a ticket thing, where they just do it for purely monetary reasons. I mean some new music or videos would be awesome, but just for the three of them to be on the same stage together would be an accomplishment after all the strife in the past between them.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Louden Swain
Master Rewinder
Member # 3671

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Louden Swain   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andy Summers just turned 64 the end of December.

I can't wait for this!!!!

Posts: 245 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

And we get a step closer....

From the BBC News website:

Pop group The Police are expected to announce plans for a 30th anniversary world tour. The band will make a "special announcement" in Los Angeles on Monday - the day after they reform at the Grammy Awards.

The Police enjoyed global success in the 1980s but have performed only a handful of times since releasing their last album in 1983. Frontman Sting has had a successful solo career with eight studio albums.

After confirming their appearance at the Grammys, the group arranged a rehearsal session, which will be followed by the announcement.

Sting, drummer Stewart Copeland and guitarist Andy Summers will hold the press conference at the Whisky A Go Go nightclub in West Hollywood.

MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for MONSOON   Email MONSOON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its ON! Theyve got some dates posted. Theyll be starting in Canada then into the US and then over to Europe and the UK then into Mexico , South America, New Zealand, Australia and Asia. Then maybe back to the US.
One of my sisters lives down in Boca Raton,Fl. Which is about 30 - 40 minutes away from Miami. I feel a road trip coming on in June. [Big Grin]

Posts: 264 | From: Bainbridge , GA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're making the trek to the Bonnaroo Festival in June in Tennessee to see them......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
My sister just told me tix for their show over here are $250 a seat. OUCH!
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

They range in price like pretty much any other concert......
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...cannot wait. i am so excited to see this finally happening. i haven't looked up ticket prices yet, but i am sure this will be worth my $$$. [Big Grin]

did anyone catch them perform on the grammy's the other night? i missed it, but i was able to see it on youtube. [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for MONSOON   Email MONSOON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
My sister just told me tix for their show over here are $250 a seat. OUCH!

$55 - 225.
Posts: 264 | From: Bainbridge , GA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yess, I snagged a ticket yesterday, it was only $65, but at least I am in the building.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

Where you seeing them at?
Louden Swain
Master Rewinder
Member # 3671

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Louden Swain   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw them in August at Giants Stadium.
Unbelievable.... they played alot of their early stuff.
Sting's voice was excellent.
Andy had incredible guitar solos
and Stewart was a maniac (with his headband and gloves) on the drums.
It was well worth the money and I'll never forget it. A dream come true.

Posts: 245 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home