iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Stevie Nicks-Stand Back

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stevie Nicks-Stand Back
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched this video this afternoon, and I hadn't seen it in a long time. I really loved the dancing in it, that is what I remember alot about the 80's, is all the really awesome dance routines they did in videos, and it was good dancing, it wasn't a bunch of bumping and grinding, and all that stuff you see now in videos, people were actually talented dancers. I thought the clothes in this video were awesome, the girl with the plaid shirt with no sleeves, and the beret and mini skirt. The guys all had vests on and baggy pants, and were very stylish. Stevie Nicks had a ton of good hit singles. The Edge of Seventeen is always one of the first songs I bought on a 45 record, and will always remind me of the 80's and being a teenager then. My favorite Stevie song is If Anyone Falls.

Does anyone else remember the video? She is walking on a tredmill thing, with her cool outfits she always wore.

I was listening to the song and thinking how cool she could make a song out of...

la la la la la la la la la...la la la la... do do, do do

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis, yes, "Stand Back" is an excellent song! I am a huge Stevie Nicks fan and I got to see her in concert twice, once just her, once with Fleetwood Mac. I was mesmerized!! She was just up there spinning around and shaking her tamborine. It was awesome! As for the video, I have it on tape somewhere. My friend Greg and I always imitate her stomping down the treadmill...LOL!!!! You just don't see videos like that anymore! [Big Grin]

"Now you can be standing in a line...stand back!"

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Cindy, let me know whenever you see them coming around in concert again, I am going with you!!! I would die to see Fleetwood Mac!!! I love them. The Rumours album is one of my all time favorites, I LOVE Second Hand News, The Chain, Gold Dust Woman, Dreams, You Can go your Own way, Songbird....that is an excellent album!! My favorite songs by Fleetwood Mac would be Rhiannon and Fireflies-nobody seems to ever remember Fireflies, but it is one of my favorites-I never get sick of that song.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
S T E V I E N I C K S RULES!!!!!!

And So Does The Rest Of FLEETWOOD MAC

"Stand Back" is a great song and really catches your attention when you hear it playing.

I'm a big fan of Stevie Nicks and i love her singing voice..."GYPSY" is another one of my favorite F.M. songs.

Don't get me wrong CHRISTINE McVIE song some great song with F.M. too like "Little Lies" & "Hold Me".....But Stevie was a little bit better lead singer than Christine. They both were great for the band

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home