iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Top 20 Classic Soundtracks Countdown - Vote Valley Girl

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Top 20 Classic Soundtracks Countdown - Vote Valley Girl
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VH1 Classic is doing a Top 20 Classic Movie Soundtracks Countdown on July 1st from the Maui Film Festival. You can vote for your favorite from the nominees they have selected until Midnight June 4th.

Top 20 Classic Soundtracks Vote

This is way cool...like totally!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Voted!! Fer Sher!! That is cool that Valley Girl is in the top 20....cause there are some good ones on there.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'll never guess what I voted for! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am with you Mouse Avenger! I think the Purple One may just win this one! I also voted for Singles and Dazed and Confused.
Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I voted for Dazed and Confused, Grosse Point Blank, Pulp Fiction, Saturday Night Fever and Valley Girl.

My question though why isn't Grease on the list?

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or for that matter where is Fast Times at Ridgemont High?
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I voted Rocky Horror Picture Show because my alltime favorite soundtrack wasn't listed. Believe it or not, Dumb and Dumber has an amazing soundtrack. I bought the CD straight after watching the film 12 years ago, and I still listen to it regularly today!
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Malster
Master Rewinder
Member # 2411

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Malster   Email The Malster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spinal Tap gets my vote!!!!
Posts: 293 | From: London, England | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow the majority of those are from the 80s too! I think that VH1 is so awesome all of the attention that they have given the 80s! Rock on!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

But still the great omissions are Fast Times and Grease. Hard to imagine a greatest movie soundtrack poll would leave out both of those.
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Less than Zero and The Doors both got votes from me........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cast my vote for "Purple Rain".

I won't be watching the countdown, though. I don't watch VH1 Classic anymore. It's not just because they're playing 90s videos. It's because they're also playing stuff like "Supergroup" and "Heavy: The History Of Metal". That's the same (bleep) they're playing on regular VH1. Give me *music videos*, for God's sake!

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes I see 80's stuff like Drive Me Wild on there, if it makes you feel any better, RockSteady. [Smile]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I voted for "Pretty In Pink". That's a classic. I hope it ends up high on the list.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is anyone else watching this awesome show this morning?

Here's a brief summary of the 80's movie soundtracks that made the list, plus some of the music videos they played:

#19. Pretty In Pink Soundtrack

They played the title track video "Pretty In Pink" by The Psychedelic Furs. That was one incredible music video.

#13. The Breakfast Club Soundtrack

"Don't You (Forget About Me") music video by Simple Minds.

#12. Dirty Dancing Soundtrack

"(I've Had) The Time Of My Life" by Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes and Eric Carmen's "Hungry Eyes".

#10. Eddie & The Cruisers Soundtrack

On The Dark Side

#8. Footloose Soundtrack

Holding Out For A Hero
Footloose
Let's Hear It For The Boy

#7. ***Valley Girl Soundtrack*** [Big Grin]

Melt With You by Modern English - this video is weak...it would have served them better to play the montage from the movie.

#6. Top Gun Soundtrack

Take My Breath Away
Danger Zone

#2 Purple Rain

When Doves Cry

Btw, Mouse Avenger you were cheated by the #1 soundtrack which turned out to be The Rocky Horror Picture Show . VH1 Classic later found a link from their official website and it caused a landslide tilt in the vote. But who am I to complain because I posted the link here and tons of 80's movies made the list as well.

[ 01. July 2006, 09:54: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
In a bit of irony that Sammy was eluding to...VH1 Classic is showing the movie "Grease" right after the soundtrack countdown. Do you think that as just coincidental or as a make up attempt?
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

where was Dazed and Confused on the list?
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Sam, Dazed & Confused was an impressive #4.
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
Is anyone else watching this awesome show this morning?

Here's a brief summary of the 80's movie soundtracks that made the list, plus some of the music videos they played:

#19. Pretty In Pink Soundtrack

They played the title track video "Pretty In Pink" by The Psychedelic Furs. That was one incredible music video.

#13. The Breakfast Club Soundtrack

"Don't You (Forget About Me") music video by Simple Minds.

#12. Dirty Dancing Soundtrack

"(I've Had) The Time Of My Life" by Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes and Eric Carmen's "Hungry Eyes".

#10. Eddie & The Cruisers Soundtrack

On The Dark Side

#8. Footloose Soundtrack

Holding Out For A Hero
Footloose
Let's Hear It For The Boy

#7. ***Valley Girl Soundtrack*** [Big Grin]

Melt With You by Modern English - this video is weak...it would have served them better to play the montage from the movie.

#6. Top Gun Soundtrack

Take My Breath Away
Danger Zone

#2 Purple Rain

When Doves Cry

Btw, Mouse Avenger you were cheated by the #1 soundtrack which turned out to be The Rocky Horror Picture Show . VH1 Classic later found a link from their official website and it caused a landslide tilt in the vote. But who am I to complain because I posted the link here and tons of 80's movies made the list as well.

So long as Purple Rain was in the top 10, I'm cool with it. [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home