iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Shook Me all Night Long

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shook Me all Night Long
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard that song on the radio yesterday...and it is a cruising song, if I ever did hear one, you want to just shake your head all over the place...I love that song...this is the kind of music I keep waiting to hear someone sing , where everyone knows the words, everyone is singing it, you feel immediately lifted and are in a better mood, and you just don't care about nothing but listening to that song, and singing along with it.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

In my opinion the worst AC/DC song ever. It was good before college, but bars ruined the song. Back in Black or Highway to Hell anyday over that.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big Balls (RIP Bon Scott) is one of my faves along with Highway to Hell and Back in Black. I think Shook Me All Night Long is verrrrrrrry overrated. Definitely not their best effort.......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GoldTransAM
Master Rewinder
Member # 2973

13 Updates!

- posted      Profile for GoldTransAM         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the song. The worst version of it is when Celine Dion sang it on one of those VH-1 Divas concerts. It was actually one of VH-1's Least Metal Moments.
Posts: 191 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 13  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the song and have loved it for 26 years. My favourite AC/DC song of all time(as of this moment anyways) is It's a Long Way To the Top(If You Want to Rock n Roll)
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marty McFly
Master Rewinder
Member # 4403

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Marty McFly   Email Marty McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MotleyRulz:
Big Balls (RIP Bon Scott) is one of my faves along with Highway to Hell and Back in Black. I think Shook Me All Night Long is verrrrrrrry overrated. Definitely not their best effort.......

Haha, that song is hilarious (especially because it's actually not about that, but it's meant to sound like it). [Wink]

I agree with you though - Brian Johnson has some great singles (like this one, probably one of their more commercial songs), but he's not as good of an overall singer, especially in recent years. Although taking Bon Scott's place isn't easy, so I gotta give him credit for that.

Bon Scott's Highway to Hell album is my personal fave.

Posts: 136 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There could only be one Bon Scott. Always loved his dare I say it almost rap-like style?
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is the best song ac/dc ever wrote
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thunderstruck is the best AC/DC song in my opinion. I loved Dirty Deeds in high school though.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home