iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Genesis or Phil Collins?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Genesis or Phil Collins?
BabyLove19781999
Ace Rewinder
Member # 2336

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for BabyLove19781999   Email BabyLove19781999   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lonely Man There on the Corner

Is that the actual title?

Who sings it?

Posts: 371 | From: Ottawa & Fort Lauderdale | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's actually called Man On The Corner and it's done by Genesis. With Phil Collins on vocals.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
genesis all the way
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As good as "Land of Confusion" is, I think I have to go with Phil Collins. "In The Air Tonight" and "Something Happened On The Way To Heaven" are favorites!!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta love Phil....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Genesis from what ive heard,had a bit more going on than the standard Collins balad.
For example ,the album with MAMA on it,i think is superb.
Collins himself,i personally think TAKE ME HOME is the best thing he's done.I love it.It reminds me of a particular holiday with my parents at a holiday park in the UK.It reminds me of a girl stood by the jukebox askin me to play Madonna 'cos i was a guy and all guys like Madonna.Mostly it reminds me of my father,'cos he had the album it was on. But thats pretty much the only solo Collins song i like.

Oh and for the record... im still a guy!! (geddit)

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been a die hard Genesis fanatic for the best part of 3 decades, and I just despair when people are only aware of the soppy ballads and useless dross like "Land Of Confusion" [Frown]

They used to be one of the greatest rock bands Britain has ever produced, and were once completely unique in style and sound. If you want to hear how it all began, go back to the Peter Gabriel years with "Foxtrot" and "The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway". To hear what Phil Collins is REALLY capable of, check out "A Trick Of The Tail" , "Wind and Wuthering" or "Duke"........but forget about Invisible Touch....... [Wink] [Big Grin]

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home