iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » 80'S MUST COME BACK !!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80'S MUST COME BACK !!!
Tony Lee
Rewind Curious
Member # 4736

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Tony Lee   Email Tony Lee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm 17 y.o. and i love 80's and 80's music(thats kind strange).. i'm listening to poser metal only 80's and i really want to live in that decade (but i'm not [Frown] ) I just LOVE 80's guys..>!!..!!
Posts: 2 | From: Greece | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's way Cool Tony!! My son is almost 13, and he has been raised on nothing but the 80's, and he loves it. He is having a Miami Vice (The TV show) birthday party this year, and I am taking him to see Def Leppard and Journey in concert, and he loves the 80's. He was singing the song " Running with the Devil" by Van Halen all day long yesterday.

You can't beat the 80's music and movies and tv shows.

Welcome to the Rewind.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be upset after 2010 when the 90s are all gonna be in awe! What will we call the 90s anyway, like we call the 80s Retro???? Anyone got any ideas on that.

Long live all of the 80s, I will forever be a fan!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs Larusso
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4417

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mrs Larusso   Email Mrs Larusso   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well retro can mean the notalgia from any era really ( e.g 5o's retro; 70's retro etc)- but the 90's just wasnt a patch on the 80's (as we all know!) - even though its arguabley more my 'era'. I was born 10 years too late (so know how you feel Tony!).

I have some good memories of the 90's - but they are more personal ones and not really associated with 'magic' that I equate with that period

I had a teenage brother and sister when I was little - so 80's movies and music were all I heard and saw really.

If it wasnt for having my older siblings, I likely wouldnt have been exposed to much of it because I was too young to buy anything for myself or have control of the TV [Confused]

Anyway - back to topic! Yes yes!! Bring the 80's back!! - hang on....did it ever die? [Wink]

btw ISIS - a Miami Vice party???? How the hell does one have a Miami Vice party??!!!!

Enlighten me.. [Cool]

Posts: 82 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs Larusso
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4417

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mrs Larusso   Email Mrs Larusso   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK just checking if my names changed when i post this...
Posts: 82 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs Larusso
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4417

Member Rated:
yea its has!!
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mrs. Larusso, One has a Miami Vice party...by decorating everything with the decorations they have leftover from a luau- for that tropical Miami beach look, and the decorations one had from an 80's party that never took place, but you use pink and gray napkins....and fling in some inflatable flamingos...and make tropical foods like fruit kabobs with pina coloda dip and grilled lime chicken, and Mint Lemonade....and you buy your kid stuff on Ebay cause there is lots of Miami Vice stuff on there...from sunglasses to board games, and you play the Miami Vice CD soundtrack. Anyway...that's my plan, and I'm sticking to it. [Wink] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

What was your name before????

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could probably even hire some of the original actors from the show. They probably need the money. LOL. I saw where Don Johnson was able to come up with the money and his ranched wasn't foreclosed upon....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Isis...Don't forget a pet alligator, Hawaiian shirts & a bunch of Cubans with Mac-10s.
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I got a really cool snowglobe with Crockett and Tubbs in it, and I just bought 10 pins with different pictures of them, that I might use as party favors. I was trying to get this Teddy Bear that was dressed like Crockett with the blazer, and the shades, it was cute...but holy cow....it was over $20 already and 4 days to go, I said I am not paying that just for a party prop, but it would have been way cool.

Bigfoot...I do have some cool palm trees, and an inflatable monkey, and an inflatable flamingo, and straw hats, I have the Hawaiian shirts...I have all kinds of luau stuff...even floating flamingo candles...I made centerpieces, where I took bowls, and filled them with colored fish gravel, and put blue food coloring in the water, and floated the candles on them.

Plus...CindyMancini is coming to this party...so how much cooler can it get than that??
My son thinks she's gorgeous, so I think it's going to be a blast. We are planning a whole 80's themed weekend.

Mrs Larusso
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4417

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
Mrs. Larusso, One has a Miami Vice party...by decorating everything with the decorations they have leftover from a luau- for that tropical Miami beach look, and the decorations one had from an 80's party that never took place, but you use pink and gray napkins....and fling in some inflatable flamingos...and make tropical foods like fruit kabobs with pina coloda dip and grilled lime chicken, and Mint Lemonade....and you buy your kid stuff on Ebay cause there is lots of Miami Vice stuff on there...from sunglasses to board games, and you play the Miami Vice CD soundtrack. Anyway...that's my plan, and I'm sticking to it. [Wink] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

What was your name before????

LOL ISIS!!! You are hilarious!! Too funny! *shakes head* - but that sounds very, very cool! I'm sure your son will love it! Let us know how you get on with it wont you? [Big Grin]

Has he requested this honey? *Larusso has visons of ISISs' son being dragged off kicking and screaming to Miami Vice party* [Wink]

Truely though...it DOES sound so cool - a whole 80's weekend!! I'm trying to convert my own kids to my way of thinking too. Currently, my eldest daughter loves Cyndi Lauper, my son does 'the crane' - and my baby tries on my bright blue eyeliner whenever she can get her mits on it [Roll Eyes] - so i'm getting there!

By the way, my name was '80's Chick Flick' before 'Mrs Larusso' (but you may not recognise it as i havent posted much). I changed it because there is someone of a very similar name on here already (plus KK is my passion anyway)

[ 04. May 2006, 17:22: Message edited by: Mrs Larusso ]

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Which part did you wonder about him requesting?? He requested the Miami Vice theme. I think up the goofy stuff to do, and it usually turns out cool.

I didn't recognize your name, but it is cool to see you posting lots on this portion of the Rewind. [Wink] [Big Grin] [Cool]

That Miami Vice teddy bear I was bidding on, is up to $76 right now....I guess it is from the Hard Rock Cafe.

cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh thanks Isis, that is sweet and your son is sweeter! I can't wait!!! It's going to be a blast! I can really use an 80's weekend right about now! Thanks again for inviting me!!

P.S. Wait till you see what I'm going to wear...

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I need to find myself a Miami Vice T-shirt. I gotta get on that. It will be fun...I was at this little farmer's market, and I saw these cool plastic sports cars filled with candy...and those candy sticks that are different flavors-I am going to get pina coloda ones...cause that is tropical, and use those in treat bags. I am going shopping over at Party City today to see what else I can come up with.
JCU
Master Rewinder
Member # 2851

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JCU   Email JCU   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 80's must come back? If it was possible, the only thing I'd not like to see would be 99.9% of the hairbands. With the exception of a few fly by night hairbands, most were terrible and had drummers who thought spinning the drumstick on the hand was "cool". Watch some vids and look at the drummers. Hell, look at everyone and it seems to be a contest to see which member can make the biggest spectacle of themselves.
Posts: 115 | From: Northeastern PA | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Isis, I bought a cool Miami Vice T-Shirt last month at Target.
That store has the coolest T-shirst. There are a ton of '80s shirts there like... Blues Brothers, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Ghostbusters, Dukes of Hazzard, Star Wars.... check them out.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Bummer...I was just near a Target on Saturday...someone on here said Wal-Mart had them...but I never found them at the one near us.

I did go to Party City, and I got one of those plastic scene setter things...I posted pictures at Halloween of the ones I thumb tacked to my house, cause they were cool...well ,I bought a tropical scene ...that are palm trees and parrots....I am going to stick them on the side of my house on my deck area...and it will feel like we are in Miami!!

I will be off to Target asap! Thanks Bro!

Marty McFly
Master Rewinder
Member # 4403

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Marty McFly   Email Marty McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Lee:
I'm 17 y.o. and i love 80's and 80's music(thats kind strange).. i'm listening to poser metal only 80's and i really want to live in that decade (but i'm not [Frown] ) I just LOVE 80's guys..>!!..!!

That's cool, man. If it helps, you're only a few years younger than I am and I sometimes feel I'm a Gen Xer born 10 years too late too. [Wink]

BTW, I think the '80s eventually come back in a revised/retro sense. Usually after 25 years or so, most eras do (i.e. the '50s was retro-cool in the latter '70s and up through about 1986).

Posts: 136 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
agwood
Rewind Curious
Member # 4842

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for agwood   Email agwood       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing that I wish would definitely come back is Autograph. Best band I've ever heard (Steve Plunkett was one hell of a vocalist), and it was probably them that sparked my interest in all the 80s hard rock bands
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home