iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » You Don't Want Me Anymore-Steel Breeze

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: You Don't Want Me Anymore-Steel Breeze
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's another awesome song I just heard, and have to have it. I love it. This is what was so cool about the 80's...is there was so much MUSIC...I mean unbeliveable amounts of songs by so many different groups, and you had to be paying close attention, cause songs like this one...they slid by...now ,this is exactly the kind of music I wish was being played on the radio. They can't do it, but this song I hadn't heard in 20 years...but I knew it as soon as I heard it, and people that never heard it ever...I think would like it.

Does anyone else know it?????

You Don't Want Me Anymore - Steel Breeze
Undecided, don't know where to go
Don't know what I'm gonna do, oh
Uninvited, I'm knockin' at your door
And I would like to call on you, but

You don't want me anymore
So let me explain 'cause I don't wanna lose you
I tried so hard, so hard to please you

I remember, baby, on the day you left
You said you'd never understand, oh
But I keep thinkin' if you try real hard
You can give me just one more chance, 'cause

So let me explain 'cause I don't wanna lose you
No

I know you're thinkin'
I'm just no good (I know you're thinkin')
But I won't give up
So give it up

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GoldTransAM
Master Rewinder
Member # 2973

13 Updates!

- posted      Profile for GoldTransAM         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought that it sounded like a Styx song (with Tommy Shaw singing)to me.
Posts: 191 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 13  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marty McFly
Master Rewinder
Member # 4403

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Marty McFly   Email Marty McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard it for the first time about two or three years back on a compilation CD, and if I hadn't been able to see the tracklist, I would've thought it was Rick Springfield.

I agree though - it's a very cool power pop song. Definitely has that transitional sound to it (tons of 1979-81 songs were like this).

Posts: 136 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home