iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Foreigner/Poison

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Foreigner/Poison
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend told me they are coming to the Fair this year, back in the town I used to live in for 10 years, so as soon as tickets go on sale she's going to tell me, and we are all going to go together to see them this summer!
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OhmyGod, sounds too good to be true.
I saw POISON twice, they are really good, you'll love it.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, the rumor I heard was POISON and CINDERELLA together this summer.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marty McFly
Master Rewinder
Member # 4403

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Marty McFly   Email Marty McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's cool - hope ya have a great time when it comes around. [Big Grin]

I actually think bills like that are even cooler, because it's the perfect mix in variation. In that they're both kinda "party" bands, but there's also some differences between them too. Foreigner is more arena rockers who peaked around 1978-85, whereas Poison is hair metal who were more popular in the late '80s.

P.S. Do you think songs like "Urgent" were kind of an influence on the hair bands? I can see a likeness to them both.

Posts: 136 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnGeLEyeZ
Master Rewinder
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for AnGeLEyeZ   Email AnGeLEyeZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i hope to see them at the PNC its close by!
and i really hope poison/cinderella play too I HAVE TO SEE THEM! lol...i missed every concert last year (including Motley and VR, i had tickets too)

Posts: 192 | From: NJ JerzShoreBaby! | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GoldTransAM
Master Rewinder
Member # 2973

13 Updates!

- posted      Profile for GoldTransAM         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to buy Poison's new Greatest Hits CD today. I'm can't wait to hear their version of Grand Funk's "We're An American Band".
Posts: 191 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 13  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Apparently, if you buy the new POISON cd through TARGET they have a voucher in there that you can use towards buying pre-sale concert tickets.
GoldTransAM
Master Rewinder
Member # 2973

13 Updates!

- posted      Profile for GoldTransAM         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got the CD yesterday and I love it. It's a must for all Poison fans. Their version of We're An American Band rocks! It also has a cover of Rock 'N Roll All Nite (KISS).
Posts: 191 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 13  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I THINK that cover of Rock & Roll All Nite was from the soundtrack of 80s movie LESS THAN ZERO
AnGeLEyeZ
Master Rewinder
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for AnGeLEyeZ   Email AnGeLEyeZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sweet i cant wait to get it...im pretty sure my fiance got it for me for my birthday:)
Posts: 192 | From: NJ JerzShoreBaby! | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home