iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Music videos featuring then-unknown cameos

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Music videos featuring then-unknown cameos
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the "Bop Girl - Pat Wilson" thread, Stitch asked:
quote:
Do you guys know any other film clips that feature "before they were" stars?
That got me curious because of the possibilities of future stars who were starting out as extras in music videos.

As Stitch already mentioned, Nicole Kidman appeared in Pat Wilson's "Bop Girl" video.

For others, I can think of:

* Bruno Tonioli, one of the judges in the "Dancing With The Stars" (U.S. version) TV show, was a dancer wearing red and black leather in Elton John's "I'm Still Standing" music video.

* Trey Wilson, who later played roles in Bull Durham, Raising Arizona and others, played the father who kicks Pat Benatar out of the house in the "Love Is A Battlefield" video.

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of right now.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jessica Lundy was in a Ramones video (I can't remember which song). She was in Bright Lights, Big City, Caddyshack II, and her most memorable part I think was as Dr. Fleishman's fiance' Elaine in Northern Exposure in the 90's.
Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Courtney Cox getting pulled out of the crowd by Bruce Springsteen in Danicng in the Dark. A young Benicio Del Toro dancing with Madonna in Open your Heart. Paula Abdul being one of janet Jackson's homegirls sitting int the theater adn also being her dance instructor in the Nasty video. Not sure if the rapper Jaz had a video for this, but a very young Jay-Z was in the song Hawaiin Sophie song.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that Benicio del Toro in "Open your heart"? Wow, he didn't look like the Wolfman back then!

Antonio Sabato Jr was the object of Janet Jackson desires in "Love will never do without you"

Kirsten Dunst was in "I knew I loved you" but she was already well known then.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GoldTransAM
Master Rewinder
Member # 2973

13 Updates!

- posted      Profile for GoldTransAM         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liv Tyler & Alicia Silverstone in Aerosmith's "Crazy" video.
Jennifer Lopez in Janet Jackson's "That's the way love goes" video.

Posts: 191 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 13  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I seem to recall that a Star Trek future generation star, the guy with the goggles was the reporter in Cameo's Word up video.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
OK, this video has Molly Ringwald after her heyday, but she looks great in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZMK6RS4t1s

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home