iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Who here were in bands or played instruments?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who here were in bands or played instruments?
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been in a few bands, in fact I am in one right now, but we are sort of on hiatus. We have some rough recordings, but nothing I would want people to hear like that. In High school I played guitar for a while in a hard rock band, but the most we played was to ten people and we weren't the greatest. I was in the school band as well, and played the Baritone, I just wish it wasn;t so heavy or I would have brough it home to pracice more. Any of you besides Eddie Wilson doing any musical endeavours?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been playing piano since I'm five. I started playing by ear and my parents noticed so they asked me if I wanted to take lessons. I was like "what's a lesson?" Haha. In any event, I did take lessons from age five to about 13, in order to learn how to read music. At one point, I was considering going to Julliard. In the end, I decided I was not that diciplined about music. I do it for relaxation or a release, not a career. I also prefer playing by ear, which is something I definitely inherited from my Grandfather who could play almost any instrument without music.

I also loved singing in chorus in school and did it from sixth grade on. Music has always been a huge part of my life.

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I played piano up till age 12. I've been playing the guitar since I was 8...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sang terribly in a band for about a year. I dont know why they put up with me. This was during the "grunge" era so it didn't really matter if you could sing or not, you just had to scream your head off.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a drummer, I'm currently 'between engagements'......
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnGeLEyeZ
Master Rewinder
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for AnGeLEyeZ   Email AnGeLEyeZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my fiance can sing, he has an unbelievable voice and it kills me that he is not famous by now!

me, well nothing lol;)~

Posts: 192 | From: NJ JerzShoreBaby! | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sing, I dance, I play bells, drums, xylophone, & piano. [Smile]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home