iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Alphaville

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Alphaville
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm listening to "Big In Japan" right now, great song by Alphaville. Anyone else like anything by them?
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Good group, good songs. Nothing that I will pull the car over and listen to, but nice overall.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I love "sounds like a melody" - very 80s!
Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 words...Napoleon Dynamite [Big Grin]

This is the movie that really got me listening to Alaphville. The song Forever Young was used in the Prom Scene.

"Forever ever young i wont to be forever young...do you really want to live forever" [Big Grin]

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7CuJ8cR9sg&NR=1

Such a great european sound to it, love the way he gets to those very high notes towards the end, with a triumphant trumpet fade. 80'srocked, do you find the singer to look a tad Jaromir Jagr-ish? Maybe It's the puffy hair and mullet. LOL.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
80'srocked, do you find the singer to look a tad Jaromir Jagr-ish? Maybe It's the puffy hair and mullet. LOL.

Haha. I can see a touch of Jagr there. More like the younger, Penguins Jagr though.

-

I love both those tunes - Forever Young and Big in Japan.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God, it seems so long ago when he was a Penguin, remember when he used to score he would twirl his golve or something? Hey, I was watching some pre-season highlights of Rangers/Seanators and I see Nedved had a goal, so I guess he's trying to make a comeback.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They were great [Smile] here is another tune i always enjoyed

BTW,from another of my rewind posts,how i finally got to watch them live here

[ 23. September 2008, 08:32: Message edited by: bandit ]

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
God, it seems so long ago when he was a Penguin, remember when he used to score he would twirl his golve or something? Hey, I was watching some pre-season highlights of Rangers/Seanators and I see Nedved had a goal, so I guess he's trying to make a comeback.

I watched about half of that preseason game last night. Rangers didn't look half bad. Nedved looked very good too. We'll see. I better stop here or this will become another hockey thread and others might get upset. [Wink]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home