iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » You Are-Lionel Richie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: You Are-Lionel Richie
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard this song on the radio today in my car, and I love it!!! I really loved Lionel Richie in the 80's. All Night Long, was great, and I loved him in the Commodores-I love "Sail On".

Anyone else like this song??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Baby you'll find
There's only one love
Yours and mine
I've got so much love

And needing you so
My love for you
I'll never let go
I've got so much love

All I want is to hold you
Let me show how much I love you baby (show you)
I don't mind and I don't mind (loving you)
Goof I love you
There's no one above you

[Chorus:]
You are the sun
You are the rain
That makes my life this foolish game
You need to know
I love you so
And I'd do it all again and again

Tell me it's true
I can't believe you do what you do
I've got so much love
And my love you'll see
We'll stay together, just you and me
I've got so much love

Only you (know me)
Tell me how to love you baby (show me)
I don't mind and I don't mind (tell me)
Goof, I love you
Always thinking of you

[Chorus]

I know you know the way I feel
And I need your love for always
Cause when I'm with you
I fall in love
Again and again and again, baby.

[ 20. December 2004, 18:01: Message edited by: ValleyCat ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You Are-Lionel Richie

I thought I looked different in the mirror this morning

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Commodores "Sail On"

Sail on down the line, 'bout a
Half a mile or so, and I
Don't really wanna know, a
Where you're going

Maybe once or twice, you see
But time after time, I tried
To hold onto what we got, but
Now you're going

And I don't mind
'Bout the things you're gonna say Lord
I gave all my money and my time
I know it's a shame
But I'm givin' you back your name, yeah, yeah

Yes, I'll be on my way
I won't be back to stay
I guess I'll move along
I'm looking for a good time

Sail on down the line, ain't it
Funny how the time can go, all my
Friends say the told me so, but it
Doesn't matter

It was plain to see, that a
Small town boy like me, just a
Wasn't your cup of tea, I was
Wishful thinkin'

I gave you my heart
And I tried to make you happy
But you gave me nothin' in return
You know it ain't so hard to say
Would you please just go away, yeah, yeah

I've thrown away the blues
I'm tired of bein' used
I wanna everyone to know
I'm looking for a good time
Good time

Woah, sail on, honey
Good times never felt so good
Sail on, honey
Sail on, sugar

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sail On, is really a bummer, but I like it alot....

I love the words to You Are, and the music is great!!

Thank-you Valley!! You work fast!!! [Wink] [Wink] [Cool]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Wow!!! The Lyrics are perfect!!! What a song!!!
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
I always love to sing "Sail On"....it has a twang to it and it fun to sing. [Big Grin]
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Anything with a Twang, and you got that down pat!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like "Say You, Say Me," the best of Ritchie's songs, other he rarely does a bad one.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Chris. Say You Say Me is one of Lionel's best.

Now when will Cradle of Filth get around to doing a cover version I wonder...?

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, but I'm just not a Lionel Ritchie fan. Too mellow for me.

Back in the 80's, I had lots of pen-pals, and I always referred to him as "Lionel Wimpie"! [Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't like Lionel Ritchie too much either, but I just LOVE the song Nightshift by the Commodores!!!!
Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best Commodores song is Brick House
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best Lionel Richie moments - courtesy of BBC motoring program Top Gear.

They have a slot called 'Star In A Reasonably Priced Car' where they interview someone famous, and then time them around their test track in a standard, unmodified family saloon car (a Suzuki Liana, I believe). Well they spoke a while back with Lionel, and apparently his first big purchase was a Mercedes. He went to the dealership, and the salesman came up to him. He pointed to this big motor, and asked if he could buy six (one for each of the Commodores). He was ushered into an office where the following conversation took place:

Mercedes Salesman:"Son, these automobiles are a lot of money. I'll need to check your finance"
Lionel Richie:"Sure, call the President of the Bank Of America. Here's his card"
MS: "OK..... {dials.... Hello sir. I'm calling from Detroit Mercedes. I have a lionel Rickey here, says he's a singer with a band called The Commandoes......{pause, and face goes red}.... Thank you, sir"

He then put the phone down, fixed his biggest smile, and said "Mr Richie Sir, would you like to discuss colors?"

Also, when he did his lap, the wheel fell off the car and he ended up way off the track!

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home