iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Song that Reminds You Of A Past Love (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Song that Reminds You Of A Past Love
Baseball_Fury06
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4514

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Baseball_Fury06   Email Baseball_Fury06   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a sucker for a ballad, the song "Angel" by Aerosmith reminds me of my 1st girlfriend. anyone else?
Posts: 30 | From: San Antonio Tx | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sappy yes, but Richard Marx's Endless Summer Nights always reminds me of the time period because I was seeing a life guard around that time. Sniff, sniff.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton, because my old boyfriend in college loved that song- it was "our song"- he said the part about her brushing her long blonde hair made him think about me.
Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, there's an 80s song that reminds me of my ex-girlfriend. It's the tune that enters my head when I think of what happened in our relationship.

Here are the lyrics:

"YOU LYING (BLEEP)!
YOU USED ME!
YOU NEVER LOVED ME!
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A TANKER TRUCK AND TASTE YOUR OWN BLOOD!
DIE, DIE, DIE, DIE!
I WANT MY RECORDS BACK! I WANT MY RECORDS BACK!"

As sang by the late, great Sam Kinison

Note: I don't wish this upon my ex-girlfriend. It's just that our relationship ended quite badly and the wounds are with me to this day.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Come Back To Me" by Janet Jackson
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have lots of songs that remind me of different ex boyfriends. I probably have a different song for each guy.

I Can't Fight this Feeling-REO Speedwagon

When I think of You-Janet Jackson

Hands to Heaven-Breathe

Someday-Glass Tiger

I won't hold you back now-Toto

Feelin that Way-Journey

Rock On-Michael Damian

Heart and Soul- T'pau

When it's over-Loverboy

Take Me with U-Prince and Apollonia

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't speak by No Doubt was out the first time I had my heart broken....many a tear was shed I can tell you.
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't want to remember any of my ex's. Thankfully though i have plenty of 80s songs that remind me of my current flame. He loves 80s music and so do I so that makes it very cool.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Earth Angel:
Don't speak by No Doubt was out the first time I had my heart broken....many a tear was shed I can tell you.

Well, are there any 80s songs that remind you of happier times?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

EDIT: JUST KIDDING! [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]

[ 13. February 2006, 15:16: Message edited by: rocksteadyflamethrower ]

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me "Somewhere Out There" pretty much sums up all I feel toward the girls I once fell for at one point or another, and whoever might be wishing on that same bright star tonight and every night until our paths cross. If they cross. It's all about eternal hope even the face of crushing realism that I may be doomed to lifelong bachelorism--which isn't in and of itself a bad thing, as it reduces the chance of me getting AIDS to minimal levels for one thing, but still, you know what I mean, I hope...
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my first crushes at primary school very nearly got that Lonnie Gordon song.....

"I'm goin crazy just to let you know,
you'd be amazed how much I love you so...oh baby,
When I get my hands on you I wont let go,
this time I klnow it's for real"

.....in a valentines card (ooh topical)....thankfully I chickened out. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball_Fury06
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4514

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Baseball_Fury06   Email Baseball_Fury06   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rocksteadyflamethrower, I know what you mean. my last girlfriend in high school ruined my senior year. she broke up with me out of the blue. I knew it had alot to do with her preppy friends, I was a 'Head" <---"Rocker type" and her friends hated me for some reason. and now when I think back of what should have been my best school year, all I see in my mind is her. and it still ****es me off to this day.
Posts: 30 | From: San Antonio Tx | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was in high school I was madly in love with this guy who lived up the road from me. There are SO many songs that reminded me of my infatuation for him. Here are a few of them...

Might as Well Be on Mars- Alice Cooper
You're All I Need- Motley Crue
Die For You- Alice Cooper
Something I Can Never Have- NIN
Someday- Glass Tiger
I'll Be Over You- Toto
No Ordinary Love- Sade

I could go on and on, but you all get the point. I liked him, he didn't like me. End of story.

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
When I was in high school I was madly in love with this guy who lived up the road from me. There are SO many songs that reminded me of my infatuation for him. Here are a few of them...

Might as Well Be on Mars- Alice Cooper
You're All I Need- Motley Crue
Die For You- Alice Cooper
Something I Can Never Have- NIN
Someday- Glass Tiger
I'll Be Over You- Toto
No Ordinary Love- Sade

I could go on and on, but you all get the point. I liked him, he didn't like me. End of story.

Any *80s* songs that remind you of the times when you did communicate? Just joking around. [Wink] [Razz]

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

An 80s song that reminds me of my current love situation is "Owner Of A Lonely Heart" by Yes.

[ 16. February 2006, 20:04: Message edited by: rocksteadyflamethrower ]

pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought "Someday" was an 80s song.... [Confused] [Smile]
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
quote:

I was actually referring to the Nine Inch Nails song and "Might As Well Be On Mars" which came from Cooper's 1991 album "Hey Stoopid".

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Always remember that my 80s Avenger shtick is a joke.

Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rocksteadyflamethrower:
quote:

I was actually referring to the Nine Inch Nails song and "Might As Well Be On Mars" which came from Cooper's 1991 album "Hey Stoopid".

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Always remember that my 80s Avenger shtick is a joke.

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
.....and always remember a JOKE is supposed to FUNNY.......otherwise it's just a pointless irritation. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BabyLove19781999
Ace Rewinder
Member # 2336

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for BabyLove19781999   Email BabyLove19781999   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's amazing how songs with lyrics geared towards adult relationships can remind you of childhood loves, because that's when the songs came out and that's when you listened to them. Little children from the 80s watching MTV. That's what happens! [Big Grin] [Wink]

There are thousands of them. Where do I start?

Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper
Giving You The Best That I Got by Anita Baker
I'll Always Love You by Taylor Dayne
Let's Wait A While by Janet Jackson
If You Don't Know Me By Now by Simply Red

Posts: 371 | From: Ottawa & Fort Lauderdale | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Duckie Dale Winton said: ".....and always remember a JOKE is supposed to FUNNY.......otherwise it's just a pointless irritation. "

I couldn't agree more.....

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Duckie Dale Winton:
.....and always remember a JOKE is supposed to FUNNY.......otherwise it's just a pointless irritation. [Roll Eyes]

How come you never notice the smileys and the constant capitilization of the phrase "JOKING"? You and Motley (and Sam and cindymancini and Earth Angel and Ronnie and Noms and StevenHW and the long-gone HipsterMom) may find it irritating, but you need to get a sense of humor.

I don't mean to offend...I'm just having some fun. This is my sense of humor and if you don't understand it...Well, I can't do anything about it.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

One man's pointless irritation is another man's joke and vice versa.

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

I have a sense of humor. I think your the one who needs to find a sense of humor if you honestly think it's funny. I laugh when I see something funny. I don't laugh when I see something stupid....
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
Excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me.......I don't believe that I have ever said I find it irritating. I mean it is now YOU come to mention it, but when did I actually say it was. There's nothin wrong with my sense of humour pal!!!
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't Fight this Feeling-REO Speedwagon
Kepp on Loving You-REO Speedwagon
It Must Have Been Love-Roxette

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my first real boyfriend I was 19 and he was my first everything and the song that reminds me of him and our relationship is the song more then words by extreme
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home