iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » So I saw you in that pizza place....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So I saw you in that pizza place....
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am listening to the Valley Girl soundtrack.

I love it. I haven't played the whole thing in a long time.

But, I was thinking how bad I miss "hanging out"...in a pizza place. We did that every weekend. Fox's Pizza was the place to be(which is a chain around here...does anyone else have one??) I actually don't have one where I live now, and I am thinking I want to get a pizza from one again!

I remember walking down there after the football games, or going in after my aerobic class...or just going there on a friday night, and everyone from school was in there...and it was so much fun.

All the cute guys sat at the table right in front of the window, so they could see who was going by and they would run outside and flag ya down on the street....and me and my friends would hang out there- the guy who worked there was a friend of mine...he'd give me a free pepsi, and I would sit up on the counter, and I'd answer the phone sometimes...I was always goofing around...his parents owned it.

I miss doing goofy stuff on the weekends.

Does anyone else have any great memories of hanging with your friends at a favorite hang out??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not during the 80s, coz I lived about 30 km from the main town, therefore I was 30km from all my friends.

But once I got my drivers licence, we would hang out at a few different places - Sweetheart's Pizza where you either sit in a booth, or if you were just a little hungry you could buy a single slice of pizza through a window in the storefront.

My favorite hangout though was at my friends farm, we would all sit on the bonnets of our cars and stare up the stars and talk for hours - about life the universe and everything. No topic was sacred - we discussed the origins of life, ghosts, ufo's, politics, history, science, you name it. I really miss those days now that everyone has grown up and moved onto new lives.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have fond memories of hangng out at Bambino's pizzeria in Amherst, NS, back in the day. It seemed every weekend the who's who of the town congregated there. I really miss those days, where Fridays were so untouchable and the weekends offered so muuch promise.

The cool thing, the place is still there, and whenever I go back it's like 15 years was yesterday. When I watch the part in Secret Admirer when Thomas Howell and Lori Loughlin were at the pizzeria/restaurant, the ambience is so much like that place. Brings back a flood of memories.

Funny, I got the first Flirts cd with Don't put another Dime on it, and there are other good songs like the awesome dance number Passion and On the Beach.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Riptide...I love that scene...well several of the scenes, including where Kelly spazes out...
plus where C Thomas Howell orders all that food, but first he says he can't eat...then he eats EVERYTHING.

Stitch- Were the Pizzas shaped like hearts???, because that is an awesome idea!! To do for Valentine's Day...fer shur!!

I remember staring up at the stars too...me and a friend use to go get nachos, and go lay on the bleachers at the baseball park, and look at the stars.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My "droogs" & I always hung out at the ice rink, before it closed down a couple of years ago.
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Droogs, isn't that a Clockwork Orange reference MA? I have some ice rink and roller rink memories too. Gosh those were the days.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Man, I just had a great flashback, I remember this great place that made the best subs, right next to it was this video store where my friend worked and where I rented Tuff Turf for the first time. Those were the days.
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH I love this topic ISIS! I remember hanging out at the Baskin Robbins that my best friend, Kim, worked at in high school. I remember having 92.5 KSYN on the radio and sitting there eating about a million Prailines and Cream milkshakes! We would all hang out in there because she was the only one who had a job and it was a chance for all of us to spend time together. The ole Baskin Robbins isn't even there any more! I miss those days!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home