iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » The Little River Band

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Little River Band
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just found out they are coming in concert to the place I love to go to for concerts...on Feb.16th. That's a Thursday night!! Who has concerts on Thursdays?? That stinks, cause it is too hard to go to for me, being in the middle of the week like that. But I love them. I love:
Lonesome Loser, The Other Guy, Cool Change, Reminiscing, and Night Owls...but this song has always been my favorite:

Man on Your Mind

I can feel it floating away
Inch by inch
Day by day
Love boat set itself free
Castaway, slipping out to sea

I can feel it coming adrift
Even a blind man could see the rift
From an ocean liner
To a Chinese junk
There ain't been a ship that can't be sunk

I used to dream it could last forever
But pipedreams never come true
I'd be foolin' myself if I never
Thought something like this
Couldn't happen to you

I said baby
You've got a man on your mind
You've got a weight on your shoulders
How you ever gonna find the words to say
Goodbye

You don't know
Just what you got
Till it's gone
I guess you heard that a lot
But it's true
It's not just a game
You can't change your life
By changing your name

It's not something you can hide away
Sooner or later it starts to show
It's written on your face
You've been betrayed
Do you really believe that I don't know

I said baby
(Goodbye)

He's already fallen
So it's no use to fight
And if he starts callin'
Let him know you're with me
For the rest of the night

Ooh, I said baby
(Got a man on your mind)
Goodbye

Baby
(Please listen to me baby)
(Gotta get that man off your mind)
Goodbye

Baby
(Ooh, baby baby baby)
You've got a man on your ming
(You got that man on your mind)
Goodbye

That is a great song!! Boy, I wish I could go see them!!

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brandon777
Master Rewinder
Member # 4014

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brandon777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a cool song. It reminds me of the movie from the 80's "Bad Boys" with Sean Penn. I believe that was the song that was playing when that boom box blew up.
Posts: 239 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a great movie, and that scene is cool, that is what is playing on the boombox, that guy that played that bad guy in that movie...he always creeped me out...he was in another movie that was made for TV called: Love, Lies and Murder..It was like a 3 part movie. He was a creep in it too.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just make sure it's the real Little River Band - there was a legal stoush a few years back because some with the slimmest connection to LRB bought the rights to the name, and began touring with completely different band members under the old name.

The members of the real LRB are now touring under a different name.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I am not going to get to go anyway..boo hoo...plus I never knew who the band members were by name, so that would be hard for me.
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stitch writes:
quote:
The members of the real LRB [Little River Band] are now touring under a different name.
So, what is their current name? The Big River Band? [Smile]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home