iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Jody Watley

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jody Watley
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what happened to her?

she had a slew of hits....don't you want me, looking for a new love, friends.....lots more!

anyone else here like her songs or see her in concert? i always wondered what her nationality was too.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always loved Jody Watley...I have her greatest hits, and there are more recent pictures of her in there. She still looks really good.

I don't know what happened to anybody....why they could make hit song after hit song...for years, and then BAM! all of a sudden nobody makes any music at all any more. I don't know how that happens...it isn't just one person, it is all of them, every group/singer from the 80's doesn't have any music any more.

I just don't understand how they all had their own unique sound too....it wasn't like they all sounded alike...you had so much variety...the Police didn't sound anything like The Cars or Journey...you had punk and new wave, and hard rock, heavy metal, pop...all different stuff.

Now...nobody does anything. I remember in the CD jacket for Jody Watley there was alot written about her, but I can't remember what...did you ever do a search for her...to see if she has a fan club??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to listen to her all the time as a teenage kid. Everytime I hear one of her songs, I think of summer and the pool because her songs used to be blasted constantly from the speakers by the pool back when I lifeguarded during the summer...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i didn't look her up, but i will.

her music was definitely feel-good music, and easy to dance to.
i think it would be neat to see her try new music, a new cd or something. i wonder that about a lot of 80s music/artists. i wonder what their music from today would sound like.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it all depends on the artists themselves. Take Bon Jovi for example. To me, their new stuff is awful. I think they are trying too hard to sound modern. But look at Depeche Mode. Their new cd is in the top 2 of my current faves. I was also a little disappointed in Duran Duran's new cd when it first came out although it has slowly grown on me...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wrote it on another thread...I just saw her on I love the 80's Strikes Back-1985...talking about "Life Styles of the Rich and Famous"....she sure held up well...way better than Lita Ford and Samantha Fox did, fer shur.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home