iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Since I Met You Baby

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Since I Met You Baby
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been listening to the oldies music tonight with my mom, ya know the good stuff from the 50's and the 60's, and I realized how many movies in the 80's, went back in time to the 50's...like:

Peggy Sue Got Married
Back to the Future
Mischief
The Heavenly Kid
Eddie and the Cruisers

I personally love the music from then, I love it way better than anything that is current music.

I was just listening to this song...and realized that it was in Mischief:

Since I met you baby
my whole life has changed
Since I met you baby
my whole life has changed
All my friends tell me I'm not the same
Let me tell you
Since I met you baby, I'm a happy man
Since I met you baby,
looks like I'm a happy man

I'm gonna try and please you
In every way that I can
Let me tell you

I don't need nobody
To tell my troubles to
I don't need nobody
To tell my troubles to

O, 'cause since I met you baby
All I need is you
And o, pretty baby
You know I love you baby
better than I do myself
When I'm with you
I don't need nobody else
Love me in the morning
you got to love me late at night
Love me in the morning
you got to love me late at night
When you love me
I hope everything is allright

To me...this is what I am talking about, they don't write songs like this any more, that are so nice.
I love that my son actually loves this kind of music too...he knows good music when he hears it...I think people just end up liking what they have been exposed to and brought up with. I am glad my mom loved music so much.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Isis, great topic! I've thought about this several times. I LOVE 50's and early 60's music. I grew up listening to this stuff with my Dad. He always had Fats Domino and Jerry Lee Lewis on in the car. "Since I Met You Baby" is a great song. I actually made a Mischief soundtrack cd. I will make you a copy as part of your Christmas present.

I think movies like Porky's are so great too because of all the 50's music! I bought the Porky's Revenge soundtrack, Mermaids, Dogfight, both Dirty Dancing albums, and then I downloaded all the other stuff I needed. People like Buddy Holly, who's song "Everyday" is also in Mischief and The Platters with "Earth Angel" from Back to the Future. They're all soooooooo good! I'm glad I'm not alone on this one! I'll make you a heck of a mix Isis! [Razz]

I think my all time favorite is actually a song called "Angel Baby." It was in She's Out of Control with Ami Dolenz and Tony Danza.

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ISIS wrote:
quote:
...I realized how many movies in the 80's, went back in time to the 50's...like:

Peggy Sue Got Married
Back to the Future
Mischief
The Heavenly Kid
Eddie and the Cruisers

ISIS, have you seen Great Balls of Fire, from 1989? Stars Dennis Quaid as Jerry Lee Lewis. It shows Jerry Lee's rise to early rockabilly to his downfall after his scandalous marriage was exposed to the British press.
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope Steven I never saw that movie...Jerry Lee Lewis wasn't someone I was a huge fan of.

My mom played stuff by The Jefferson Airplane- "Miracles".

One of the songs we both like is "Tighter Tighter" by Alive and Kickin,

I will always Love you- Dolly Parton

Turn Around- **** and Dee Dee

I started a Joke-The Bee Gees

Suspicion- Terry Stafford

When a Man Loves A Woman- Percy Sledge

You don't know what you've got, until you loose it- Ral Donner

Make Believe- Conway Twitty

In Dreams- Roy Orbinson

He's so Fine-Chiffons

Little Darlin-The Diamonds

Respect-Aretha Franklin

Angel Baby- Rosie and the Originals

Diana- Paul Anka

Walk Like a Man and Sherry-The Four Seasons

Pretty Woman- Roy Orbinson

Mony Mony- Tommy James and the Shondells

Unchained Melody-The Righteous Brothers

Since I Don't Have You-Jimmy Beaumont

There are so many songs that I love, and so many groups that did one hit wonders back then.
I love music from all decades...except now...it isn't music to me any more...it is screaming and swearing. I don't see how it can ever even compare. My music in the 80's, was way different...but I still loved the 50's and 60's stuff....it was all about life stuff...and I love those love songs...where people wrote songs about how much they loved someone. My mom hates todays music...and I said how did it get to be this way, and she said...cause people let it.

When we cook supper every night we play music and I love that time of the day, because music just drowns out the rest of the world, and you can just relax and listen to a nice song.

Cindy- I think that is so cool that you love that kind of music too. That's what I grew up on.
When I see the movie Frequency and I see them dancing to "Suspicious Minds" by Elvis...it makes me think of my parents cause my Dad was a fireman and my mom was a nurse.

Thanks in advance for the CD...that would be too cool!!

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Cindy-I love the CD. My mom said you must have sent it to her. I love this song:

Just One Look-The Hollies

Just one look
And I felt so I, I, I`m in love with you, oh, oh
I found out how good it feels to have your love, oh oh
Say you will, will be mine forever and always, oh oh
Just one look and I knew that you were my only one, oh, oh

I thought I was dreamin` but I was wrong, yeah, yeah, yeah
Oh, but I`m gonna keep on schemin`
`Till I can make you, make you my own

So you see I really care without you I`m nothing, oh, oh
Just one look and I know I`ll get you some day, oh, oh

I thought I was dreamin` but I was wrong, yeah, yeah, yeah
Oh, but I`m gonna keep on schemin`
`Till I can make you, make you my own

Just one look, that`s all it took, yeah

I always thought they were saying,,,,just one look, and I fell so hard, hard, hard in love...with you.....maybe I have been singing them goofed up all this time, but my way sounded better to me anyway.

But that is a great song.

The 50's and 60's were awesome!

I remember a friend of mine dancing all through the one store in the mall....to the song Summer Time Blues, and me and my other friend stood there just looking at him...like holy cow get a grip...cause people stopped and were watching us, and wondering what the heck is all that about...but it was hysterical, and then I remember we spent many a Saturday night looking through record shops for that song on a tape, so we could play it in his car, and I finally found it, and we wore that tape out, it was so fun.

We use to love singing the part where he says...

But, my boss says: No dice son, ya gotta work a late."

Sometimes I wonder what I'm a gonna do, but there ain't no cure for the summer time blues.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home