iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Music quiz with awesome prizes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Music quiz with awesome prizes
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a couple of easy questions, and fantastic prizes for the winners.

1st prize - All expenses paid (except international airfare) tour of my home town, conducted by me, with the final stop at my house where I'll regale you with anecdotes of my life.

2nd prize - All expenses paid meat pie and chips (with your choice of tomato or bbq sauce) at Dave-O's takeaway around the corner while I regale you with anecdotes of my life.

3rd prize - All expenses paid visit to VideoEzy in my town to hire a movie of your choice which you can try to watch while I regale you with anecdotes of my life.

Q1. Which movie won an Oscar for Best Song in 1983?

Q2. Which movie soundtrack featured songs by Lou Reed, Talking Heads and The Ramones?

Q3. Which 3 members of Duran Duran formed the group Arcadia in 1985?

Q4. In which Heart song does Anne Wilson hear "the ticking of the clock"?

Q5. Depache Mode did a cover of this artist's song in "Earth Girls are easy"

Q6. Which 80's singer's real name is Hugh Anthony Cregg III?

Q7. Which 80's band regained popularity in 1992 with a tribute album to ABBA?

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only one I think I know is the Heart song is ALONE.

Darn it too...I wanna come to Australia!

I have a pair of pajamas with little koala bears all over them...actually an old boyfriend had them made for me in the 80's....cause I always wanted to go to Australia some day...doesn't look like it is happening yet...
[Confused] [Frown] [Wink]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Correct Isis!
That's Question 4 out of the way, only 6 to go. You'll have to answer a few more to be in the running for the prizes though.

Just remember it's all expenses paid except international airfare!

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.) "Flashdance"

2.) "Times Square"

5.) Nat "King" Cole

7.) Erasure

Are those answers correct?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
John, you have correctly answered 4 questions, leaving only questions 3 and 6 to go.
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
C'mon guys. Call yourselves 80's fans.

Q3. Arcadia = Simon Le Bon, Nick Rhodes, Roger Taylor
Q6. Hugh Anthony Clegg III = Huey Lewis

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
Congratulations Noms, you have answered the final two questions.

That means that in 3rd place, winning a trip to the video shop with me is.....ISIS!!!!

In second place, with 2 correct answers is NOMS! Noms has won a an all expenses paid trip to Dave-o's takeaway where he can enjoy an all expenses paid meat pie with chips!!

And the winner is .................................................................

Rocksteady Flamethrower!!!!! Congratulations, John, you have won an all expenses paid tour of my home town, where you can visit...um, I'm sure there's something to do around here...

Well done guys!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home