iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Need Some Help On A Song...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need Some Help On A Song...
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I fthis song was popular in the 80's, it was one that slipped by me, and for that matter it may have been in the 70's era, but any help would be great!

The singer is a female, resembling Edie Brickell or Sophie B Hawkins. The chorus has the words, 'So you keep ___ing in the rain'. The blanks are reserved for either 'walking' or 'crying' although I am pretty sure it is 'walking'
This is a song that has seriously baffled me for a few months now and I want to know what it is. The only other clue that I can offer is that if any of you work for a place that plays MUSAK and listens to the station 'FM ONE' thenI PROMISE that you hear it all the time.

HELP ME PLEASE! ITS DRIVING ME NUTZO!!

Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only song I can think of is "Walking in the rain" by Erasure.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That could be it....cuz the guy from ERASURE was sort of femme sounding at times.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not the old "crying in the rain" by Milli (can't sing) Vanilli???? Do they still play that song?
Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that was Blame It On The Rain. and nope thats not it. Another part is that after the chorus there is like an ensemble that starts singing 'Ahhhhhhhhh!' THen shout something in unison but I can never make it out.
Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Laughter in the Rain?

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
Nope Devo, but thats the closest guess that there has been. It was a female singing it that sounded like maybe Tori Amos, or Sophie B Hawkins.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not A-Ha's cover of Crying in the Rain by Everly Bros is it? I know the singer Morten Harket had a real high voice.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home