iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Major Tom-Peter Schilling

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Major Tom-Peter Schilling
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just was listening to this song tonight. It is a cool song. The lyrics are very strange. I might have posted them...but it is a really long song. I didn't want to get the flack back for wasting more space.

Does anyone else like the song??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swan
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2051

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Swan   Email Swan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed, awesome song! One of my favorites, too. [Smile]

There was a longer version?!

Posts: 22 | From: japan | Registered: Nov 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw this song in an advertisement....I have no clue what it was about...but I think a leaf was falling in it(on the part where he sings..4,3,2,1..... and I thought...wow...I just mentioned this song.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

This song was an answer back to Space Oddity by David Bowie. Something that not a lot of people know. A good song. I like it, but it is very odd.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this song, I think I actually have the video too buried on some comp. VHS. I even bought the Peter Schilling album this was on, even though I believe there wasn't anything as catchy as Major Tom. And Devo, I do remember hearing about the Space Oddity connection. In fact I think there are some other songs that had Major Tom in them like Ashes to Ashes. Maybe a future songwriter in 2005 will make a song in response to Coming Home...Major Tom.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Peter Schiiling said he couldnt bare the thought of Major Tom being stuck in space for all eternity. Hahaha!
I loved that song and still do......
but, no, cant think of any other Peter Schilling songs. In fact, I use Peter Schilling to "stump" people in bar bets all the time: "Who sings Major Tom Coming Home?" No one ever knows!
I remember I was in a bar one night and it came on the jukebox and I said "I love this song."
Well, whoever played it loved it too. They played it, like, six times in a row!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Major Tom" is a great song. I have the 45 rpm single, and the B-side is the same song sung in German! [Cool]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home