iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » VH-1 Classic

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VH-1 Classic
GoldTransAM
Master Rewinder
Member # 2973

13 Updates!

- posted      Profile for GoldTransAM         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We recently upgraded our cable and now have VH-1 Classic. That is the best station to watch if you want to see classic 80's videos. It's all videos and no stupid TV shows like regular VH-1.
Posts: 191 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 13  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, too bad they only show 80s videos for about 2 to 3 hours per day...It's pretty much all 90s videos now from what I've seen, and while I'm sure that the 90s videos make Sam and HipsterMom happy as can be, it isn't what I want on there, since I don't consider and never will consider the 90s to be a classic period of music.

Go ahead, Sam and Hipster, I'm ready to be ripped a new one. (SIGH)

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...The Rock Steady Flamethrower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you're giving yourself to much credit.

I've said this before and I'll say it again.

I never really liked the 90's music scene but I do like a lot of the current music and I do like the 80's. But the 90's were bad in my opinion.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the ashes of the '90s are some CDs I will never stop listening to, including but not limited to:

-Barenaked Ladies "Gordon"
-Pearl Jam "Ten"
-Oasis "What's the Story Morning Glory"
-Green Day "Dookie"
-Beastie Boys "Pauly's Boutique"

Let's agree to disagree on this topic like every thread: you like what you like for the reasons you do and that's 'your prerogative.'

~Hipster & the Blowfish

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, "Paul's Boutique" came out in 1989, Hipster.

Fine, we'll agree to disagree...I still think this board should be for discussion of the 80s exclusively, though.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...The Rock Steady Flamethrower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
back in the 90s when i was growing up, i mean those were my teen years, i didn't like ANY of the music that came out then WITH THE EXCEPTION OF CANDLEBOX. i stayed away from MTV as much as possible. but something happened a few years ago, i grew an appreciation for that era and started listening to alternative a lot.
i hadn't even heard oasis's WONDERWALL until the 2000s...don't ask me where i was. cause that song is in my top 20 of all time.

ok, back to the topic though. i haven't seen VH1 classic since i moved cause i don't have it here at my house, but i did request it for christmas. i just remember when i had it, they would show a lot of 70s vids which aren't bad, but i wanted more 80s vids that i hadn't seen since i was little or hadn't even seen at all.
i am dying to watch genesis - land of confusion. [Razz]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Wonderwall' is a totally kick-*** song.

Snagged by the '80s Avenger: okay, replace that one with Peter Gabriel's "Shaking the Tree."

And I still think we should appreciate things from all eras, which is why I still have my Partridge Family albums and all my disco 12-inch singles.

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home