iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Oh No

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oh No
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just listening to this song, and thinking how much I like it, and how Lionel Richie had some great music when he was solo and when he was with The Commodores....that is another style of music that nobody can ever duplicate.

I love this song:

Oh No
Commodores

I want you
To want me
I'm goin' crazy
Knowin' he will be your lover tonight
And when he comes
I'll let you go
I'll just pretend
As you walked out the door
Oh no
I can't sleep
Oh no
I'm goin' crazy with love
Over you

I need you
To need me
I want to hold you
But you're holdin'
Someone else in your arms
When I close my eyes
I see your face
I'm just not sure
How much my heart can erase

Oh no
I can't think, ooh
Oh no
Over you

Oh, honey
---- Instrumental Interlude ----
Oh, sugar

Oh no
I can't sleep anymore, baby
Oh no
I can't think anymore, baby
Oh no
Over you

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was sick of Lionel Ritchie in the 80's, and still am.

I'd rather refer to him as "Lionel Wimpie".

[Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Nothing like a nice and sad song.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are the Commodores even still a group? They seemed to fade rather quickly after he went solo.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FontanaG
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1673

- posted      Profile for FontanaG   Author's Homepage   Email FontanaG       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Commodores still tour along with Earth Wind and Fire together singing each others songs...

Mobile D.J. Dennis

www.myspace.com/mobiledjdennis

Posts: 59 | From: FontanaCA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVE this song!! I swear though that it was the only song that was played in Last American Virgin. I think I heard it in close to 5 scenes. But it truly is a great song.
Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monty
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4319

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Monty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Last American Virgin [1982] *OUT OF PRINT*

Note: The following song list is based on a CD copy of the soundtrack I have. It differs from what this website lists.

Songs:

1. TOMMY TUTONE - TEEN ANGEL EYES
2. THE CARS - SHAKE IT UP
3. GLEAMING SPIRES ARE YOU READY FOR THE SEX GIRLS?
4. BLONDIE - IN THE FLESH
5. THE POLICE - DA DOO DOO DE DA DA DA
6. THE WAITRESSES - I KNOW WHAT BOYS LIKE
7. DEVO - WHIP IT
8. REO SPEEDWAGON - KEEP ON LOVING YOU
9. OINGO BOINGO - BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME
10. QUINCY JONES FEATURING JAMES INGRAM - JUST ONCE
11. CHARLENE - IT AIN'T EASY COMING DOWN
12. PHIL SEYMOUR - WHEN I FIND YOU
13. THE FABULOUS PARAGUAYAS - SESAME MUCHO GRANADA PART 1
14. K.C. AND THE SUNSHINE BAND - THAT'S THE WAY (I LIKE IT)
15. THE FABULOUS PARAGUAYAS - SESAME MUCHO GRANADA PART 2
16. THE FORTUNE BAND - AIRWAVES
17. THE HUMAN LEAGUE - LOVE ACTION ( I BELIEVE IN LOVE)
18. THE CARS - SINCE YOU'RE GONE
19. THE COMMODORES - OH NO
20. JOURNEY - OPEN ARMS
21. U2 - I WILL FOLLOW
22. THE PLIMSOULS - ZERO HOUR

Posts: 17 | From: Madison, WI | Registered: Sep 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! That soundtrack is terrific! I have a question. Is the third song the same one that was played at the party with the Omega Moos in 'Revenge Of The Nerds'?
Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

No, that song is "Are you Ready for the Sex Girls?" By the Gleaming Spires

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home