iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Going to see CINDERELLA, RATT, QUIET RIOT and FIREHOUSE tonight

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Going to see CINDERELLA, RATT, QUIET RIOT and FIREHOUSE tonight
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ROCK NEVER STOPS tour.
I've never seen CINDERELLA or FIREHOUSE in concert before. I've seen RATT with Stephen Pearcy, he wont be there tonight. And QUIET RIOT I've seen before.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Cinderella. I love the songs The Last Mile, and Gypsy Road. Have a great time, you've got to go to some awesome concerts this summer!
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stu1984
Master Rewinder
Member # 3248

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stu1984   Email stu1984   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW !! thats rocks, you're so lucky.

I wish I was old enough/born [Big Grin] when these bands were doing there thing the first time round back in the 80's [Frown]

Stu [Cool]

Posts: 226 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was cool. It was at Westbury Music Fair which is pretty small and has a revolving stage. At one point Kevin DuBrow the singer from QUIET RIOT ran through the aisle singing Metal Health and my friend, who was on the aisle, jumped up and sang with him!
Then when CINDERELLA ended my friend let me sit on the aisle so that when Tom Keifer walked by I got to grab his hand!
FIREHOUSE was better than I thought they would be.
QUIET RIOT was good...but only two of the original guys were there: Kevin and Frankie. (Where art thou Rudy and Carlos?)
Even less original members during RATT (Bobby, Warren and three guys I've never seen before in my life. Well, J!zzy Pearl was singing...him I've heard of...but I did sort of miss Stephen Pearcy.
And CINDERELLA best as I can tell was all the roiginal members.
All in all, a good show and I'm glad I went.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stu1984
Master Rewinder
Member # 3248

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stu1984   Email stu1984   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wooooo !! I'm glad you had a good time.

That was cool that your friend sang with him too [Big Grin]

Stu [Cool]

Posts: 226 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man,

I wish Cinderella would get their asses over to the UK sometime soon...

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To me, RATT is not RATT without Stephen Pearcy. Didn't pne of the band members die of AIDS awhile back? It's just like Motley Crue without Vince Neil or Tommy Lee. It sounds so Un Motley Cruish....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
11th Commandment: "Thou shalt not be able to replace a lead singer or drummer and call the band by the original name."
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Although lead singer Burton Bell of Fear Factory does an awesome job. That would be my only amendment to the 11th Commandment...
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MotleyRulz:
11th Commandment: "Thou shalt not be able to replace a lead singer or drummer and call the band by the original name."

erm...Iron Maiden anyone???

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
As far as Im concerned only AC-DC and IRON MAIDEN (Remember: Bruce was NOT the first singer!) have pulled this off gracefully. I think you CAN replace a drummer (maybe not Tommy lee though) but definatly NOT a singer.
There was poor J!zzy, singin his heart out, lookin fly and bustin a move: He just wasn"t Stephen Pearcy!!!!

And, yes, Robin Crosby died of AIDs a few years ago.

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Yes Iron Maiden and AC/DC should be added, although I did prefer Bon Scott to Brian Johnson...
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

And don't even get me started on the whole Guns 'n Roses / Velvet Revolver debate. Guns n Roses consists ONLY of the singer whilst Velver Revolver consists of 3 members of GnR. Wassup with that?!?!

Noms [Cool]

Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had no idea J!zzy Pearl was singing with Ratt nowadays - I used to be a massive Love/Hate fan. I also used to love Ratt, but to be honest I'd say J!zzy is probably the better singer of the two anyway.

And as for Cinderella - awesome band, and like Noms said, I just wish they'd get over here sometime.

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I liked LOVE HATE too. Wasnt he singing with THE DOORS for awhile?
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno about the The Doors - they had Ian Astbury, but I think he may have also sung with LA Guns for a bit too!

It's all a bit incestuous, this glam metal lark innit?! [Wink]

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home