iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Stacey Q's Two of Hearts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stacey Q's Two of Hearts
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember when I first heard this song in 86, I thought it wa the most insane bubblegum pop song I ever hear. With all the current pop divas covering 80's songs, surprised this hasn't got the redone treatment. Oh well, maybe Britney will need to use it as she veers near bankruptcy. What do you think of this song? Does it have any redeeming qualities?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] NO [Big Grin]
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't really care for two of hearts. to me, we connect was better.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of Riptide's post:
quote:
...With all the current pop divas covering 80's songs, surprised this hasn't got the redone treatment...
That will be my next song!

Signed,
BRITNEY SPEARS

[Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GoldTransAM
Master Rewinder
Member # 2973

13 Updates!

- posted      Profile for GoldTransAM         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember the Facts of Life episode Stacy Q was on and sang Two Of Hearts.
Posts: 191 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 13  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She was actually in two. Her charactor's name was Cinnamon.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have it on cassette tape and I care for it.

While I have listened to it, I haven't got We Connect, though.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember back then recording songs off of the radio to cassette tape and this was 1 of them. My sister loved it and I didnt mind it or Stacey Q. It was listened to over and over and over.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did the same thing ggb and still have the tape! [Cool]

Excellent tune!

Stacey Q - Two of Hearts

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

7 Updates!

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nowadays we have many Stacey Q's to cover the whole alphabet...
| Site Updates: 7 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Is it me or did it sound just like "We Connect"?

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow this post is ten years old! Last week I did some digging on Miss Q and was shocked I failed to make the connection of the group SSQ on the return of the living dead soundtrack. Went back further and SSQ's Synthicide and Big Electronic beat are better than any of her chart hits. Synthicide has this cool Kim Wilde/Pleasure Victim Berlin era vibe to it.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by aTomiK:
[QB] I did the same thing ggb and still have the tape! [Cool]

Excellent tune!

That's wild that you still have that. Does that tape still work

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe it does. I´ll try to find the tape this weekend and check out what other 80s jewels it includes.
Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I had the good foresight awhile back to get her greatest hits on cd. Only problem is tracking it down as it could be in three potential storage spaces. What's even more bizarre is Amazon is charging an exorbitant amount for that particular cd.
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

the search is part of the fun Riptide. enjoy.
just noticed the Amazon ad on here for StaceyQ.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ok, i found it! Songs on the cassette:

Side A:

Joy: Touch by Touch
Pet Shop Boys: In the Night
Round One: Dance to the Music
Sadie Nine: Let´s Work It Out
De Gama: Sexual Fever
London Boys: Harlem Desire
Eddy Huntington: Up and Down
Rap Factory: Notorious Rap

Side B:

Stacey Q: Two of Hearts (dance mix)
Barbara Roy: Gonna Put Up a Fight
Newcleus: Jam on It
Madonna: Gambler
Sinitta: Toy Boy
Den Harrow: Catch the Fox

What a trip down the memory lane! 1987 was the year and disco music sounded good back then.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 -

I finally obtained the vinyl of her first album SSQ a month back. Definetly worth the price! A lost synthpop 80's classic. If you love the early Terri Nunn/Berlin sound you are going to love this. I think they put it up on iTunes last year with bonus tracks from return of the living dead soundtrack.

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Ok, i found it! Songs on the cassette:

Side A:

Joy: Touch by Touch
Pet Shop Boys: In the Night
Round One: Dance to the Music
Sadie Nine: Let´s Work It Out
De Gama: Sexual Fever
London Boys: Harlem Desire
Eddy Huntington: Up and Down
Rap Factory: Notorious Rap

Side B:

Stacey Q: Two of Hearts (dance mix)
Barbara Roy: Gonna Put Up a Fight
Newcleus: Jam on It
Madonna: Gambler
Sinitta: Toy Boy
Den Harrow: Catch the Fox

What a trip down the memory lane! 1987 was the year and disco music sounded good back then.

That's awesome, aTomiK. Most of those artists are new to me(including Stacey Q), but it's always great to hear something "new" from the 80s.
Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
What do you think of this song? Does it have any redeeming qualities?

I shamelessly quite like it, tbh [Wink] Of course it's nothing compared with the super-syrup-ey "Better Than Heaven" which, of course, should never be tried on a full stomach.. [Wink]
Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We Connect was better. I got to see Stacey Q live in 1988 opening for Jermaine Stewart and The Jets! Jermaine and his kick *** band were the best but all were good. A super fun night!
Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home