iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » So Emotional

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So Emotional
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night on the radio...this song came on...and I really like the lyrics:

I've been hearing your heartbeat inside of me
I keep your photo right beside my bed
Livin' in a world of fanticies
I can't get you out of my head

I've been waiting for the phone to ring all night
Why you wanna make me feel so good
I got a love of my own
Shouldn't get so hung up on you

(Chorus)

I remember the way that we touched I wish I didn't like it so much
I get so emotional, baby
Every time I think of you
I get so emotional, baby

Ain't it shocking what love can do
Ain't it shocking what love can do

I gotta watch you walk in the room, baby
I gotta watch you walk out
I like the animal way you move
And when you talk I just watch your mouth

Anyway...I swear I saw somewhere that Bobby Brown is having his own Reality TV Show...it is bad enough they gave one to Hulk Hogan...but now Bobby Brown....and I keep thinking why would he and Whitney trash their lives the way they have...it is really sad to see.

I thought that Whitney had some great songs in the 80's...I loved "Saving All My Love For You"...that was her first hit, I believe, and it was a great song.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of ISIS' post:
quote:
...Anyway...I swear I saw somewhere that Bobby Brown is having his own Reality TV Show...it is bad enough they gave one to Hulk Hogan...but now Bobby Brown....and I keep thinking why would he and Whitney trash their lives the way they have...it is really sad to see....
The show is called "Being Bobby Brown".

They need all the money and exposure they can get! That's a shame, because back in the 80's only their singing talents got them publicity. Nowadays, they have to show their flaws and gripes to do this. It makes you wonder whether they should have been famous in the first place. [Frown]

quote:
...I loved "Saving All My Love For You"...that was her first hit, I believe, and it was a great song.
"Saving All My Love..." is actually her second hit single.

Whitney's first hit single was "You Give Good Love".

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

A) I don't like reality TV but Hogan Knows Best is pretty funny.

B) Whitney's first album is great, I don't own it, I probably never will, but she was on fire back then.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steven....You Give Good Love to Me...was actually the one I was thinking about...that's actually my favorite song of hers...and I forgot it...I got it confused with the other one.

It is sad that they exploit themselves...because the reason he was probably offered to do a show was because of how much trouble he gets in to.

I just can't understand reality tv and shows like Fear Factor either-I really believe someone is going to be killed doing one of those "stunts"...I saw a piece of Fear Factor at the beach...and they made these people lay in a coffin, and only had a breathing tube, and dumped 500 lbs of earth worms on them, and they had to hold their arms up and were holding a rope tied in a knot, and they had to untie it, neither one did it...but I can't think that 500 lbs of anything crushing your chest and your head could be a smart thing to do. How do they know some tiny 90 lb. girl could handle that?
I can't watch them eat stuff like cow snouts and spleens...talk about food poisoning- how can raw meat be ok to eat like that? How come nobody got deathly sick yet??

I would love to know how many actual reality shows there are right now on tv...you don't even have to be famous to have one. I think it has gone beyond the point of no return for hope for regular tv shows.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stu1984
Master Rewinder
Member # 3248

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stu1984   Email stu1984   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate reality TV shows and other such things [Mad]

They do one and it becomes popular so they do another one, and another one and.... another one. They are all rubbish, you can't change channel without seeing one.

And another thing that gets on my nerves is that everything is celebrity this and celebrity that. I the UK celebrity big brother, celebrity love island, celebrity jungle get me out of here or whatever it is etc. It's TRASH.

The thing is they are not even celebrities, they are people like Jordan - basically known for having a boob job, Joe pasquale (sp) and other talentless people. Then when the show has finished it is so obvious that they are going to bring out a album (if they are a singer) or go on tour or write a book etc. It's a crock and people of today can't get enough of it.

I really do think a higher power on this planet are trying to brainwash the world and dumb us down with the amount of **** they put on TV, and to be honest it's working. Well not on all of us [Razz]

Sorry I had to get that off my chest it's bugged me for a long time an this was a good opportunity to let fly [Big Grin]

Stu [Cool]

Posts: 226 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home